Who else wants to see Quest for Glory in the AppStore?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by FireCtrl87, Oct 6, 2009.

1. FireCtrl87

FireCtrl87 Member

Sep 19, 2009
    FC in the US Navy
    Everywhere it seems
    I dont know if Sierra is alive still, but i have seen their other click adventure games around for sale. Quest for Glory was a fun game. I loved the self-aware side of the game, like when you tried to pick your nose with the lock-pick. It probably isnt real popular with younger kids, but i was reminded of it when i saw Myst for sale. Not quite the same category but close. Does anyone else remember this game?

2. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    I played the original "Heros Quest" WAAAAY back on my Tandy 1000SL. Would love to see either one on the iphone. Not sure we'll see it though. According to Wikipedia they are owned by Activision now and they are thinking about selling the label off. Kind of funny that at one point Sierra considered buying Id Software and passed... ooops.

3. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    I beat and love all of the quest for glory games. Sierra is very much alive, check out "steam", that's their product.

4. lynardo

lynardo Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Software developer
    Canada
    Steam is a product of Valve. Sierra published the original Half Life, but Valve's relation with Sierra/Vivendi soured because of Steam.

I loved QFG. The high point of adventure gaming.

5. FireCtrl87

FireCtrl87 Member

Sep 19, 2009
    FC in the US Navy
    Everywhere it seems
    I'm glad to see i'm not completely alone. i love the first QFG. its fun to dream about some of the classics that wont make it to the iphone. maybe its for the best. no one can screw it up if they leave it alone.

6. Drizzle

Drizzle New Member

Aug 12, 2010
    CA
    Quest for Glory is my favorite video game series ever, I played and beat all five and would love to see it come to iOS.

7. stutz

stutz Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Would love to see it on the iphone. If I designed games I would try to create something similar to Quest for Glory since there is nothing really quite like it on the appstore. I liked the second one just as much. Hands down one of the greatest games...period

8. n1ckml007

n1ckml007 New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    QFG iPhone

bump

9. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    wow..

10. webshark3

webshark3 Well-Known Member

May 10, 2010
    I'd love to see all the old Sierra games. But go check out Scummvm.org forums for all the reasons it'll never happen. :(

In the meantime, you can jailbreak to play them.

11. n1ckml007

n1ckml007 New Member

Aug 24, 2010
    RE: Scummvm.org forums

do you have a direct link ?

12. 99c_gamer

99c_gamer Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    #12 99c_gamer, Jan 6, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
    [​IMG]

I have Black Cauldron on my jailbroke iphone it plays really well.

(game is free so it's not illegal)