[Chillingo+NewFX Games] Mad Wheels — new action top down racer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Vinnie@[NewFX], Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinnie@[NewFX]

Vinnie@[NewFX] Active Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Game developer
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    #1 Vinnie@[NewFX], Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
    Hi everyone!

Today NewFX Games announces its next action-racing game — "Mad Wheels". For those familiar with our pedigree: Mad Wheels will be Horror Racing on steroids. For those who are not: Mad Wheels is a top-down action racing game that allows you to blow your foes to smithereens whilst still trying to win the race!

Feel the tight turns, dodge every obstacle and avoid the devastating explosive rockets. Each car has a unique super weapon that allows you to play dirty if need be. If your more of a brawler, each car can use whatever machinery they were built with to cause destruction.

You'll get the following at your disposal:

* A bunch of vehicles each with unique combat abilities
    * 5 different level environments
    * Online scoreboards
    * Wi-fi multiplayer
    * A high-octane high-adrenaline race!

Support for all iDevices: iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad and it will still run smoothly on older devices.

Also we are glad to announce that the game will be published by Chillingo - Leading Independent Games Publisher and division of Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS). "We're happy to collaborate with NewFX Games team on such a promising project" - Chris Byatte, General Manager of Chillingo.

At this moment in time the core game engine is almost complete, but there is still a lot of work left. We're experimenting with some features, polishing the gameplay and doing our best to make sure you will get the most of your playing experience!

Stay tuned and keep your eyes peeled for Mad Wheels!

[​IMG]

re-post: http://newfxgames.com/node/24

2. tonydeli7

tonydeli7 Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Freelance Computer Engineer
    Greece
    Nice! Looks promising..!

3. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    I am surely getting it Vinnie!
    Glad to hear the news :)

4. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    Looks awesome guys. Great potential anyway.

Rock N Roll racing style. A little anyway.

5. Vinnie@[NewFX]

Jul 23, 2010
    Game developer
    Kyiv, Ukraine
  6. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

#6 Der-Kleine, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
    Not bad! The graphics aren't exactly stunning though (Enviroments look empty and have no shaddows), but otherwise it looks like a fun game! :)

7. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    yeah graphics need to be upped a bit in order to make me purchase. also this games speed is so slow, it needs to be faster as well cuz in that video it feels as if the cars are going 20mph

8. T-Rock

T-Rock New Member

Feb 14, 2011
    I don't have a problem with the graphics, but I fully agree about the speed. It almost looks like the game footage was captured in slow-motion.

I loved Rock 'n Roll Racing back in the day, and keep hoping someone will create a worthy successor.

9. vasquezj

vasquezj New Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Looks nice. How many vehicles are there in the game?

10. Vinnie@[NewFX]

Jul 23, 2010
    Game developer
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    Please, keep in mind that the graphics are still work in progress and will be improved. And don't worry about speed - due to genre specifics it can't be too fast, but even in current state (racing+combat) it feels very intense, at least in our testers' experience. Still, vehicle behavior and combat system will be tuned further during upcoming balancing stage. Chillingo's producing team will assist us in this process.

And thank you for the feedback!

11. Vinnie@[NewFX]

Jul 23, 2010
    Game developer
    Kyiv, Ukraine
    There are going to be at least 6 vehicles, with possible further addition for up to 9. The exact plans will be announced a bit later.

12. radekg

radekg Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Editor
    Barcelona
    I love that kind of arcade racing games, so I'm looking forward to Mad Wheels on AppStore.

I hope game will be good balanced - attackers and defenders would have a card up one's sleeve :)

13. AmberGamer

AmberGamer New Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Looks fun to play + nice graphics :)

14. Gamerl01

Gamerl01 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Cleaning restrooms at the local strip club
    Houston, Texas
    A lot of good racing games are coming this also racing after 1977, death rally well thats about it i think. I hope i have enough money to buy them

15. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    The good thing about your racer is that the varied combat abilities helps differenciate it from the straight shooting of Death Rally and the pure racing of Mini Motor Racing. It's a different type of fun.

Anything else you can talk about (achievements, online, tracks, ETA)?

16. Lanishery

Lanishery Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    I feel that this will be a very excellent game in the near future. It's very great!!

17. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I agree the graphics aren't touching Death Rally or Mini Motor Racing, but then again this game might be cheaper.

Hopefully everyone's willing to pay more in compensation for the developers increasing the graphics and scale of these games.

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I think I will be getting all 3 racers just because they look like they each speciallize at something different. :)

19. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    You should have a vehicle that shoots out cables and snares vehicles. It should look something like the Batpod or the Tumbler in the TDK movies.

20. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Interesting!

How is it coming along :D Not tht I could assist in developing it :p ?