iPhone [WIP] Elite Style Space Trader "The Core" for iPad

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by quickfingers, Jun 15, 2010.

1. quickfingers

quickfingers Member

Mar 28, 2010
    Game Developer
    London, UK
    #1 quickfingers, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2010
    Hi guys, I've finally lifted the lid on my current project, it's an iPad specific game entitled "The Core" and is a space trading / combat game... Here's the official blurb..

The Core is set in the year 3520, interstellar travel is a reality and we most certainly are not alone. Travel the galaxys core systems (known as "The Core") to over half a million stars, each with unique planetary formations.
    Every colonised planet has its own market, economy and diplomacy making for an in depth trading game.

Trading is only one aspect of the game, the core will also feature real time combat, generative mission system, mining, levelling, ship upgrades and planet exploration modules as well. Once all these modules are in place an immersive story arc will be added alongside the free roaming sandbox play that will be playable at any point during your time in the core.

So, that's the outline, onto the game specs: 23 space ships, 15 weapons, 8 different human and alien races, half a million stars, over 1.5 million planets, more upgrades and equipment than I can count, numerous goods for trading. Black market, licensed market, unlicensed third party sellers, relationships, and more!

High Resolution Video : http://www.quickfingers.net/?action=video&videoname=thecore2

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

if your interested in more information have a read on my blog over at www.quickfingers.net/?action=blog

2. Revlisoft

Revlisoft Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2009
    Nice. Looking forward to it.

3. Chod

Chod Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Nice, looks fantastic.

When are you planning on releasing?

Goodluck on your game and keep us posted.

4. izoong

izoong Member

Mar 13, 2010
    Good design ! Will follow this, (and survey spaceship design and planet textures)

5. Samuraipeter

Samuraipeter Well-Known Member

May 30, 2010
    This looks great, as does the remake of Island Strike on your site. My iPad and I look forward to them.

6. THFourteen

THFourteen Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    I'll be looking forward to this!

Didn't get on with warpgate all that much unfortunately. Lacking the Elite feel.