Universal Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer [Dreamscape expansion]

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Artfoundry, Jun 30, 2011.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    One of the UI changes in the update is that the Nook Hound no longer reveals the card to an opponent. To everyone other than the owner of the card it's shown face down. However, you can just double tap the card to see what it is or you can just pay attention as it goes back to the owner's deck, when it is no longer face down but face up. Hopefully this is something they fix with the PRIME update.

2. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    The double tap issue has already been fixed internally and will be included in the next update. If the card is shown face up when animating back to their hand, that's because they chose to discard it. Since you can just look in their discard pile to see which card it is, it's no longer necessary to continue hiding the card.

3. pXe

pXe Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Germany
    I love the game, the interface with swipe to move cards is great.

A matchmaking/elo system would be great, chat too.

Was the bundle tab under IAP always empty?

4. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Good to know! I hope the PRIME issue has been resolved too?

5. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I think the Bundle will be empty till the next big sale/update, which could be Immortal Heroes (unlikely) or Promo Pack 2 (please, Playdek :)).

The matchmaking/ELO/chat have been a big demand for a while now but they haven't been able to implement those as of yet. In addition we still don't have true multitasking, with switching back to causing it to start at the Main Menu. A few a are minor issues while some are more glaring but all are manageable and the game is still hugely enjoyable.

6. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    Big bug. guardian of sadranis doesn't give you the two extra honor when defeating a monster in the center row. I've noticed this on a couple of games online and just confirmed it now. I have screens to confirm. I've kept wondering why I don't have as much honor as I should be havig but I don't always keep track.

this needs to be fixed :/

7. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #3067 sapphire_neo, Jul 8, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
    Well, another card is broken. Great Omen Raven will sometimes award the honor even if you pick the wrong card. It happened twice when I picked Heavy Infantry and the cards drawn were a Mystic and an Arbiter of the Precipice.

onewithchaos, Guardian of Sadranis worked for me just now in an online match. You might want to test it again.

8. onewithchaos

onewithchaos Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    California
    I've tested it on 3 matches so far but sure. I'll try it some more

9. Strangiato

Strangiato Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2011
    I got your screenshot. It's not a bug. The honor from Guardian isn't awarded until after you finish resolving the reward effect for the defeated monster.

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    #3070 sapphire_neo, Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2012
    Just letting the Ascension regulars who didn't move to Summoner Wars know, I'll be pruning my games. I probably won't be responding to invites for a whole.

11. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Is this normal?

After many and many games I have askara's fate spawn when my deck is empty. Basically it means I cannot draw a card as my discarded pile does not fold back into a shuffled deck as it would with any other card.

12. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Do you guys recommend the expansions? And which one is worth buying over the others? Thanks

13. Artfoundry

Artfoundry Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    COO and Creative Director at LCD Dreams, Inc.
    Bay area, CA
    YES! The best one I think is Storm of Souls, but they're both good.

14. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Awesome thanks I bought Return of the Fallen for now and I love it!

15. epikninja

epikninja Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Ascension or Shadow Era?

16. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    It depends on the type of card game you prefer. If you prefer CCGs like Magic, you'll want SE, but if you prefer deck building games like Dominion, you'll want Ascension instead (though what's cool about Asc. is that it does have the monster killing element like Magic, though not in the same fashion). I have both, and while I love Magic, I play Asc. every day. Other than opening SE once this week to see the recent update, I haven't touched it in months.

17. IDrinkWater

IDrinkWater Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2011
    Of course Ascension! The fact that every games in Ascension can be so different depending on how u play it and the random cards that pops out in the centre row accounts for the limitless replay value it provides, some more each game is so short that I can go on playing a few games in a row everyday.. Like what artfoundry said, it depends on whether ur a CCG fan, you might like SE more if you're on. Anyway it's free, no harm trying it out!
    Ascension is one game you'll not regret getting even if you've never played deck building games before.

18. Ashenor

Ashenor Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Metro Detroit
    I love playing with max points and all the decks in now.

I own the card based version of all 3 now, and ordered all the promo's from the website this weekend.

One of my favorite games by far.

19. Artfoundry

May 11, 2009
    Bay area, CA
    #3079 Artfoundry, Jul 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone else having problems getting into the server for both Asc and Nightfall? Have been since last night

[edit] wouldn't you know it - right after posting this I was able to get into ascension :p

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    yeah, i guess there's a problem with servers...