Rift Hunter: The Developer Blog!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by KingoftheNet, May 6, 2013.

1. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    Ok, thanks for the news!

2. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    #82 Pham, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
    Okay, so this app has been pulled from the Danish Appstore and they haven't responded to my support ticket, but I don't want to bother with a refund, it's only 1.99$. I think it was an accidental release of some sort.

Still had the itch to try this, so I downloaded it off of the German Appstore, where it's free. Thanks to the Danish schoolsystem, I understand German fluidly.

I'm really liking this game, the whole brawler-sidescrolling-action-RPG is just up my alley, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to party with a team or join the arena 'cause being lack of people (I joined the newest server). The animation is great and reminds me a lot of Street Fighter II on SNES. Crisp pixel-dust for your eyes.

There's three classes right now, the Siren (magic caster-type), the Werewolf (close-up brawler) and the Gunner (ranged caster). I have seen a total of six classes on the chinese website (http://hunter.01234.com.cn/character.html), so more is coming.

As for gameplay, you basically go into these portals that lead to a dungeon. You enter these portals from a World Map, where the different cities acts as hubs to the dungeons. There's a bunch of NPC's in each city, they act as shopowners, guides, questgivers and so forth.
    In these dungeons, you fight off a horde of different monsters, which eventually and usually ends up in a boss fight. There's a star system based on how well and how many combos you managed to perform and execute. There's different difficulties for each stage, normal, hard and at the end of each portal, there's an Elite dungeon with tougher enemies and better loot. The action is fast and can be frantic at times, especially alone, but the controls are responsive.

There's plenty of random loot, rare, uncommon with different stats, critical rate, dogde and so on and you can upgrade the gear with the main currency.

The main currency is Crystal, which comes in streams from just completing dungeons and quests. The second and premium currency is Gold, this, you can either buy or earn from certain quests.

There's the stamina refilling over time, daily rewards, quests and dungeons and a VIP system as in most freemiums. I believe the max level is 65 right now and I've played for about 2-3 hours and already gotten to level 30, so it goes pretty fast and the loot comes in fast and gets replaced fast.

Unfortunately, there's no customization of your character (genderlocked classes, no way to create a gunwielder with pink hair and so on), the equipment you wear is not visible, there's no crafting system and no options to reconfigure the button-layout and it's online only.

There's still tons of areas and things I haven't explored yet, but I like it so far and do hope the game will go global soon.

3. kontona

kontona New Member

Feb 23, 2011
    is this game not coming out?

4. Pham

Pham Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    Denmark
    Wouldn't count on it, seems dead.

5. AwfullyNiceStudios

AwfullyNiceStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014