Stacword Match Day - Soccer word game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by BlueSpiral, Jun 25, 2011.

1. #1 BlueSpiral, Jun 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2011

This video is just a teaser as the game will be coming out shortly. It's a time travelling word game with a UK soccer theme for fans or those that are interested in learning more. It takes you back through time as you collect DNA from players in the past to create a team in the future.

It has a great combination of word play, arcade action, spelling and hand eye coordination as you use the tilt controls to guide the letters into the container below before the timer runs out.

Their's 16 levels in total, with different logic puzzle/challenges to complete so that you can access the time portal of go to the next era in history.

The game's really easy to play with the left and right tilt motion, turbo/break buttons and enough arcade action to keep you coming back for more.

2. I should also add that it's going to be FREE to download and non commercial ie no ads, just pure footballing fun.

3. #3 BlueSpiral, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
    Now that I've obtained the permissions for some terms I'm using in the descriptive text, I can show you a few more screenshots and tell you a little bit more about the game. I've submitted the code for approval, so it should be available soon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stacword Match Day is a futuristic time travelling word game, a brain teasing test of memory, strategy and hand eye coordination that's filled with arcade action. The game provides a great, fun filled learning experience for all ages no matter which sport you enjoy.

Set in the year is 2036, soccer around the world is in deep decline after 3D holographic action replaced live games in 2016 to appeal to the worldwide gaming community.

A UK based soccer team begins a call the action to restart the leagues and return live action back to the people. You are the assistant to a scientist who's invented a time machine that just might be able to help get the leagues back up and running quicker. Your plan is to go back in time and collect DNA from stars of the past so they can be cloned in the future.

Tragedy strikes however, as a fire breaks out and wipes out the lists of DNA samples to be collected. Your job is to rebuild the data grids so that you can carry on your mission and avoid being trapped in time.

The game has a really easy to use control system so you can start playing straight away and the learning and arcade aspects mean that their's something for everyone to enjoy.

4. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    If it has the owls does it have Preston? :p

5. lol.

Would love to do a Preston one, maybe once he's collected all the OWLS DNA.

6. Just got approval for the video. Been making sure everyone that has an interest in the project was happy with the content.

Here's the video to STACWORD MATCH DAY - A soccer based, time travelling word game that I'm looking to release 7th July. FREE to download and NON COMMERCIAL.

7. With the new updates to the original Stacword and Stacword Lite (v1.0.5) NOW AVAILABLE for download, I'm moving the release date for Stacword Match Day back to Thursday July 14th. This will give people plenty of time to enjoy the new features of the games which includes the automated alignment of the letters into the container.

By making it easier to place the letters in the columns it allows people to concentrate on the arcade style action gameplay, improving their skill and timing and developing a great strategy for completing the game. With the random word selection, each game is different and requires you to work out the best solution to gain the ultimate outcome of defeating the Doctor.

8. One of my customers asked me to make it easier to get onto the high score table. So I've done new version's of the Stacword and Stacword Lite games as well as a some enhancements to the gameplay. These are AVAILABLE NOW for download.

Stacword Lite also features great new background graphics and brand new soundfx.

Stacword Match Day is getting some fantastic feedback from the Sheffield Wednesday fans I gave pre-release versions to. They gave me some really great suggestions as well that I've managed to put in before the release date of July 14th (subject to approval).

The new game now has extra Turbo power for the buttons, the letters automatically SNAP into the columns to give you more time to concentrate on the arcade action, the new high score feature and I've also made the game easier to start with so you have more time to develop your skills and game play strategy right at the beginning.

9. #9 BlueSpiral, Jul 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 15, 2011
    Stacword match day now available!!!

Stacword Match Day is now available to download FREE in all countries.

Stacword - Match Day

The year is 2036 and soccer around the world is in deep decline after a disastrous move to 3D holographic action to appe…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The year is 2036 and soccer around the world is in deep decline after a disastrous move to 3D holographic action to appeal to the worldwide gaming community.

UK based soccer team Sheffield Wednesday, known as THE OWLS begin a call to action for clubs around the world to restart the leagues.

Dr Neil Bluebib, a brilliant but absentminded scientist has developed a time machine that maybe able to help. Unfortunately the Doctor has accidentally pressed the wrong button and wiped out the entire computer core on your first trip back in time.

As his trusty assistant, this is where you come to the rescue. For each word level, simply TILT the screen from left to right to safely guide the falling letters into the container below to help repair the damaged computer. Strategy, speed and skill are vital as you race to build the words before your points reach zero whilst avoiding the Doctor's (well meaning) efforts to help.

You can earn up to a maximum of 1000 bonus points for each of the word levels you complete at the fastest possible setting (speed 3) without using the help. 500 extra points are available to play for in each game if you choose not to reveal the answers to the computer's questions.

Their's 25 special tasks that will boost your score even further. You can earn 500 extra points for completing each word level at speeds 1, 2 and 3 without making a mistake. Their are also 5 HIDDEN tasks worth 1000 pts and 5 SUPER HIDDEN tasks that give you 2000 pts when you find them.

Your totals and achievements are banked as you go along and your highest score for each word level is recorded to chart your progress while you get the computer back up and running.

GOOD LUCK!

For clues on how to solve the puzzles and other information check out Facebook and 'LIKE" @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluespiral-Solutions/102123246545488?ref=hl
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle, Word
    Release:Jul 14, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

10. #10 BlueSpiral, Jul 25, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
    FREE brand new update of Stacword Match Day NOW AVAILABLE for download

Stacword - Match Day

The year is 2036 and soccer around the world is in deep decline after a disastrous move to 3D holographic action to appe…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The year is 2036 and soccer around the world is in deep decline after a disastrous move to 3D holographic action to appeal to the worldwide gaming community.

UK based soccer team Sheffield Wednesday, known as THE OWLS begin a call to action for clubs around the world to restart the leagues.

Dr Neil Bluebib, a brilliant but absentminded scientist has developed a time machine that maybe able to help. Unfortunately the Doctor has accidentally pressed the wrong button and wiped out the entire computer core on your first trip back in time.

As his trusty assistant, this is where you come to the rescue. For each word level, simply TILT the screen from left to right to safely guide the falling letters into the container below to help repair the damaged computer. Strategy, speed and skill are vital as you race to build the words before your points reach zero whilst avoiding the Doctor's (well meaning) efforts to help.

You can earn up to a maximum of 1000 bonus points for each of the word levels you complete at the fastest possible setting (speed 3) without using the help. 500 extra points are available to play for in each game if you choose not to reveal the answers to the computer's questions.

Their's 25 special tasks that will boost your score even further. You can earn 500 extra points for completing each word level at speeds 1, 2 and 3 without making a mistake. Their are also 5 HIDDEN tasks worth 1000 pts and 5 SUPER HIDDEN tasks that give you 2000 pts when you find them.

Your totals and achievements are banked as you go along and your highest score for each word level is recorded to chart your progress while you get the computer back up and running.

GOOD LUCK!

For clues on how to solve the puzzles and other information check out Facebook and 'LIKE" @ https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bluespiral-Solutions/102123246545488?ref=hl
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Puzzle, Word
    Release:Jul 14, 2011
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

New game includes:

All new maps and pictures of Sheffield in UK and Sheffield Wednesday's stadium.
    Great music to play along to.
    New animation sequences for the Doctor with even more challenging gameplay for hours of fun.
    A great new logo design.

11. Brand new update now available. ALL NEW GAME words and new Doctor animation. Learn USA and UK soccer terms and slang as the UK soccer season starts on Saturday.

12. Stacword Match Day is currently at #8 in the NEW and NOTEWORTHY section of the word games in the UK. FREE to download.