Universal Astronot by Wade McGillis

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by mguniverse, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Markeg40

Markeg40 New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    I just wanted to confirm that this is a dead end and requires a fix. I am saved at the underwater save point nearby and do not have the X-ray goggles. If this is indeed a stuck point does anyone know if a quick fix is being implemented?

Great game so far just hope I don't have to start over!

2. wademcgillis

wademcgillis Active Member

Unfortunately, the next update that will be issued is somewhat of a while off, as the current code is not suitable to be included in an update. Even if I could submit an update, you wouldn't get the fix for about 9 days. :(

3. paulf58

paulf58 Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I found the best maneuver was to jump before he shoots, so when he does it isn't aimed at you but the spot you were in mid air.

When he corners you go up the stairs - again jumping before he shoots off the stairs, then back towards them. This way he never hits you.

When he goes back follow him and fire away, until he turns around. Rinse and repeat.

The only damage I took was from mistakes and the invisible enemies on the ground when I jumped off the stairs.

4. TanTan

TanTan Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2011
    I finally found the last green square and went through the end game and nothing happened?

5. Guise

Guise Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2009
    I'll give it a try. Thanks for the advice!

6. wademcgillis

Watch the trailer!

7. paulf58

paulf58 Member

Jul 15, 2012
    I'm sad the game is over btw. Didn't think I'd enjoy an iPhone indie game so much.

8. Tranceaholic

Tranceaholic Active Member

Jun 28, 2012
    #308 Tranceaholic, Jul 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  9. Markeg40

Markeg40 New Member

Jul 16, 2012
    #309 Markeg40, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
    I'll try. I'm at the same point after restarting...

Okay still think I misse something. I haven't killed the second turbo mummy but I think I've done everything else.

10. wademcgillis

The second turbo mummy is only beatable if you hack the game.

Watch the trailer. Specifically the parts before and after "All 45 green squares"

11. bknifefight

bknifefight Member

Jul 31, 2012
    I was surprised to see Wade posting in here and interacting with people. It's definitely cool to be able to talk with a developer. Anyways, I really enjoy this game and thank you for the work you put into it.

This may have been covered in the previous 30+ pages, but I'll ask anyways. Do you have any plans for future projects?

12. 161

161 New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Spoiler: What do I do with "Feed Me" guy? I've shot him everywhere, repeatedly, and nothing has happened. I need just one damn red dot and I'm assuming it has something to do with him.

Also, I'm unsure how to hide things here via spoiler so hopefully it's hidden.

13. paulf58

paulf58 Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Part of why I like playing indie casual games these days over AAA faceless dev games.

14. wademcgillis

You need that final "damn red dot", and then you can do stuff with the Feed Me guy.

15. popjam5

popjam5 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2012
    I've been using the level editor lately! I've made a cool level with heaps of teleports ;)
    How can we play other people's levels again?

16. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    #316 Tranceaholic, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    In-game sharing hasn't been implemented yet, but you could post your level file to an online file site like Dropbox and post the link to it for anybody that wants it.

17. 161

161 New Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Is the elusive final red dot in green dot world or red dot world? I am so eager to finish so that I can, well, start over again. I'm nearly 20 hrs in on my first go 'round.

I know it's been said here plenty but, bravo on such a great game.

18. Tranceaholic

Jun 28, 2012
    #318 Tranceaholic, Aug 19, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2012
    All the red dots are in the same world. Be sure you've explored absolutely everywhere you can go.

Oh, and if you want to hide a spoiler, click the "Spoil" icon in the menu above, then type what you want to hide between the spoil tags. If the "Spoil" icon isn't there, use the "Quote" or "Add Reply" button instead of the "Q/Reply" button.

19. FireSidoni

FireSidoni New Member

Apr 2, 2014
    Glitch fighting the knight boss?

Rather late to the game here, but worth a try at least. I'm having trouble beating the knight boss. Not because I haven't worked out how to beat it, mind, but because every single time I fight it, I explode and die for no evident reason part way through the fight. I'm always at at least half health with a handful of health upgrades, the boss is never anywhere near me, and neither is the weapon beam. Help? This is an enjoyable game, but I can't progress any further.

20. Glorkbot

Glorkbot Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2013
    Cartoonist
    This game is freaking fantastic. It's been a while but think I'm ready to play it a second time now. (Also, it just went on sale if you haven't tried it yet.)