Less RPG more MMORPG Games!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Seb, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Seb

Seb Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I live on earth.
    I am a fan of MMORPG Games.. I think there is too many RPG out there!

We should have more MMORPG games! I see com2us, is starting out very nice.. with "IMO" - (awesome looking game).

Don't you all agree, less RPG more MMORPG?

2. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    i think Anrufen ONLINE is an MMORPG? might be wrong tho

3. Seb

Seb Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    I live on earth.
    It is but it's one of the really poor once, bad graphic..- iPhone Unfriendly UI - everything, it's just "baad".

4. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I Disagree (Just my personal opinion). So far these games just dont work on the iphone. All the attempts so far have been lame or really sucked. If they can make a really good one i'm all for it but i still wouldnt want to see dozens MMORPGs flooding the Appstore. (Again, just my personal opinion).

5. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    MMORPGs cost money to play. I have no money.
    Besides, I like getting involved in a well-plotted story, and MMOs can't deliver that in the same way.

6. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I would support the exact opposite of the OP's statement. There's already a ton of MMORPG-like games already, we have yet to recieve a single game with a decent storyline as well.

7. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Sorry, no. I would be happier if we never saw another MMORPG on the app store.

So I vote for less MMORPG and more RPG.

I would also vote for less RPG and more TD.

8. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

MORE TD?????
    screwball!

9. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    No way, dude.

I can always go for another quality TD. I don't need another me-too one, but it someone comes out with some original idea in the genre, I will be all over it.

Plus, I am very excited about playing some giant TD maps on the iPad.

10. jbone1337

jbone1337 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2010
    I like MMORPGS too, but think of how crappy one would be on the idevice.
    (7swrods i believe is one that was made if you want to check it out). Its terrible lol.

But if you like MMORPGS that much, why are you playing games on an idevice? You should be on your computer playing them...

11. motitas

motitas Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2009
    You don't wanna know
    I think a maple story style mmo would be the best :D

12. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

that is true. a true mmorpg lover would be on his/her computer all day/night!

13. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, wouldn't one on the iDevice give him a chance to get so sunshine, grab some grub, etc.

In any event, as has been mentioned elsewhere, there's "something" coming soon that actually works well on the iDevice. That's all I can say at this point.

14. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

If you have wifi access, most likely it means you're at home. Why would you play an MMORPG on a tiny tiny screen than on a computer? The iPhone is not meant for online games, in fact it's not meant for any really serious games. Stuff like Doodle Jump and iBlast Moki are perfect for the iPhone. A full-length single-player RPG is already stretching iPhone's boundaries.

15. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    Well, I hope developers keep trying to stretch the boundaries.

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Well, the DS screen is smaller, and it has both full-length single-player RPGs and MMORPGs.

In any event, just because you don't want to play serious games on an iPhone, it doesn't mean that nobody else would.

17. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

To the contrary, I would love for more serious games like The World Ends With You to appear on the iPhone. However that's not likely to happen. The iPhone has already been out for years, and so far only a handful of games are anywhere near console quality. Given MMORPGs' complexity, how would that fit on a screen that's the size of your palm? Maybe simple and repetitive stuff like Maple Story might fit I guess, but certainly nothing in the range of most of 3D MMORPGs.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    1) I think with the success of GTA:CW (whatever you think of it, it's still a serious game ;)), you may see more DS ports coming to the iPhone. We already know about Final Fantasy I and II (technically, those are PSP ports, but it's the same idea); apparently Square Enix has another project in the works as well. I think the platform is ripe for DS-like games that are aimed at an older audience.

2) I actually agree with you that traditional MMORPGs (with hundreds of players wandering in huge worlds) wouldn't work very on any portable platform (except the iPad, perhaps). What would work, however, is something a bit more intimate, perhaps bring groups of people together in cooperative play.

19. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #19 GodSon, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010
    A good MMORPG I would like to see on the iTouch is Ragnarok Online. Other than that, I'm pretty content with the RPG's the iTouch has to offer at the moment.

Out of all the current RPG's on the iTouch, I have been playing Inotia 2 the most recently.

@Aurora (This is Rare) I agree with you on TWEWY. I as well would love to see that brought to the iTouch. It would work very well with the touch screen. Hopefully Square-Enix see's it that way as well but I wont be getting my hopes up.

20. BimBamm

BimBamm Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    US AND A
    MMORPG need Internet and I havent got Internet everywhere and I also dont own an iphone so...Rpg's are better