Universal Collision Effect - (Vishindo/Chillingo)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 2, 2011.

1. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks, it's just awesome to hear that and at Vishindo, we love mad props :)

Henrik, Vishindo

2. CroRock

CroRock Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2011
    Croatia
    My current position on global leaderboards is 1272 with 3,117,155 points :D

Once again, this is great 4.75 star game.. when GC will be integrated in game so u can see leaderboards without exiting game and when achievement/progression (puzzle mode) bugs will be resolved, then I'll write 5 star review in Croatian appstore. I usually don't do that, but this game deserve it ;)

3. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    This was actually my reasoning for suggesting an unscored practice mode a few pages back in the thread where you could jump to say wave 3 or 4 in hard difficulty to polish skills so you're more prepared when you play it in an actual game. I'm no game designer though, and it's just a suggestion.

There is a definite, definite learning curve I found, just gotta stick with it. When I hit 10 million the first time I felt like there was no way I'd duplicate it, but I was able to double it 400 or so games later and I know there's still room to improve *shakes fist at Henrik for making such an addicting game*.

I may be in the minority, but I personally like the fact that the games are quick -- it gives you the ability to get in a few plays and get out any time you want, and gives it that "just one more game" feel. If you're looking to extend the action mode games, I wouldn't extend them too, too much. Anyway, great testament to your game that so many are weighing in opinions. Looking forward to seeing what's in the works.

4. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Just bought this, fantastic game, and perfect for touch screen devices! I love both the puzzle and arcade mode. Maybe one suggestion for the arcade mode: Sometimes the "sudden death" rule (i.e. a single mistake ends the game) is a bit frustrating, especially if you have reached to a high stage. How about adding "lives" and "bonus lives" like in the arcade games of the olden days? I remember sometimes getting into a zen-like state with games like Missile Command where I could play on and on, often just barely surviving by getting a bonus city in the last second. :)

5. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for the positive comments and feedback guys, really appreciate it!

In regards to the one-mistake-and-you're-dead gameplay, there is stuff on the horizon that will give you what you want ;)

Please keep the feedback coming and feel free to suggest any new features, changes, game modes or anything you can think of, I read and consider everything carefully! Just don't ragequit on us if your suggestion doesn't make it :)

Oh and some people have asked about where to find us so here it is,

http://www.vishindo.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Vishindo

Henrik, Vishindo

6. Rigby

Rigby Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Tak sa mycket. ;) Sounds good.

I have to say this game is highly addictive ...

7. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Version 1.1.1 live in the U.S store

Version 1.1.1
    - Save game related issues fixed
    - Syncing Online freeze issue fixed
    - Achievements not being awarded fixed
    - Misc. fixes

We hope this patch resolves most of the issues reported and we're really, really sorry you had to experience any of them at all.

The patch is live in the U.S app store and should be going live everywhere shortly.

Thanks,
    Henrik, Vishindo

8. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    The game is still telling me the wrong number of achievements even after I updated (GC says 23, the game says 8). Am I correct to assume that the lost puzzle progress is gone forever? It's not a huge deal, but it's inconvenient to have to re-play them all.

9. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, the achievements which are stored online in GC and/or Crystal should be correct now but the game can display an incorrect amount if the game was deleted and reinstalled (otherwise it should be correct). It does not affect the actual achievements in any way but will be fixed in the next update.

The lost progress is unfortunately lost, there was no way of restoring it.

However, if you get stuck on a level you previously completed that was lost, PM me and I'll personally help you get through. Please don't abuse this though... :)

Thanks,
    Henrik, Vishindo

10. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Well, as long as the progress wiping bug has been fixed, I don't mind playing through it again. I just don't want to have to do it for a third time, haha. My achievements in GC and Crystal seem to match, just not the ones in-game (I did not even delete the app though). It's no problem though. I figure I'll eventually earn all of those achievements anyways, so the end result will be the same.

11. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Thanks for being patient!

Henrik, Vishindo

12. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Could any brave person with the update installed confirm that logging in and out of Crystal as a guest won't reset your high scores? I'm not as concerned with puzzle progress as scores.

If anyone would be so kind as to post the current high score too, that would be appreciated. Thanks.

13. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'm obviously biased but it should be fixed, yes! :)

I highly recommend using a real account in either Game Center or Crystal though, otherwise you will lose the score when resetting the device or changing device.

If the in-game score is shown as 0, please check Crystal or Game Center for the actual score stored online. We suspect there might be an issue with updating the in-game information which is why the number of achievements shown also is out of sync sometimes.

The current high score in Crystal and this is the highest I've ever seen in the game including scores before it was released,

1. conceptcar3 - 76 323 312

Congratulations to conceptcar3, now who will be the first to crack 100 million?

Henrik, Vishindo

14. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks for the extremely speedy reply. Now that I know my paltry 36 million is so far off the top, I can live without knowing how far down I am. Congrats indeed to conceptcar3, that's impressive.

Thanks again tzael/Henrik for your continued attention. Every release has hiccups, but truthfully, the gameplay is what's important and it's never had a problem or stopped being fun.

15. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    36 million put you around top ten in the world, enough said! :)

Henrik, Vishindo

16. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Collision Effect 1.2 Life Force (April)

Hi guys & girls!

We've taken all feedback into account and are working harder than ever to bring you our first major update and here are the exclusive details just for you! :)

Life Force mode
    * A variation of Action mode where you get Life Force
    * You lose your Life Force when different colored Zybbles collide
    * Without Life Force, it works just like in Classic action mode
    * You can regain Life Force by triggering explosions; first time after 5 explosions, then after 10, 20, 30, 40 and so on

60 new, very challenging puzzles
    * For a total of 120!

Continue from wave option
    * In both Classic and Life Force action modes, continue playing from any wave as practice

Game Center integration
    * Access Game Center leaderboards and achievements directly from within the game

iPad 2 optimized
    * We're pushing the particle system even further with a special configuration for iPad 2
    * Bigger explosions, more particles and better effects overall

As usual, I'm happy to answer any questions and appreciate all feedback!

Finally, here are two screenshots showing some of the new puzzle levels.

Thanks,
    Henrik, Vishindo

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Update sounds awesome! This is already a game I usually can't get away from playing at least once a day. The added Life Force mode sounds like a good one and I also like the idea of being able to play from a certain wave.

Has this been submitted for approval yet? Can't wait until it hits the store.

18. tzael

tzael Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Game Developer
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's great to hear, we are aiming for release in April but are working as fast as we can to get it out quickly! :)

Henrik, Vishindo

19. ATC

ATC Member

Mar 6, 2011
    Looks like more great fun to be had. As with awp69, I'm still playing daily. Thanks for the continued attention.

20. Fil2

Fil2 Well-Known Member

May 29, 2011
    Hello,

When will the new update be available?
    I'm waiting to it before buying the game! I can't wait!