Universal 2K DRIVE (By 2K Sports)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Haruhi, Jun 9, 2013.

1. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    Is there any way I can reset the game? I've tried reinstalling, restoring iOS, but I still keep my cars and my currencies, although my coins are stuck and I can't get more.

PLEASE HELP!

2. pillzhereish

pillzhereish Well-Known Member

May 1, 2013
    Student
    OK here's a trick: reinstall the game and launch it with airplane mode on.

3. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I think today this game became freemium or not ?

4. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I don't know. Can anyone explain the "VIP Founders" IAP? Is it a kind of full game unlock? But you still need stars to fix cars, right? Does it remove ads? I had this game in the wanted list forever because of the freemium-ish it was, and now I see the VIP IAP which seems like a full unlock...

5. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I bought this game during one of the sales but didn't install it due to space limitations. So now it's going to be another bait and switch deal for me I guess :(

I think I need to stop trusting the big companies. I noticed today too that Asphalt 5, Ferrari GT Evolution and some other games I love from Gameloft aren't on the store and trying to access my purchase history from my phone does not work most of the time due to having thousands of apps in my account :( . Thankfully, I'm fairly positive I have these games backed up... but I think I'm done ever buying another racing game on the platform. Too much bait and switch to try and make it big on the freemium market.

6. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #446 Rip73, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    There is no bait and switch. All the iap is the same iap that was always there.
    It's still version 1.7 and there is no update showing up that would prerequisite a "bait and switch".
    I'd imagine if they were doing a bait and switch, an update would occur at the same time as the price change.
    Sometimes it's just a sale. Same as they are doing with their other games. This one obviously needs more profile though to get more numbers.

As to Asphalt 5 and Ferrari GT Evolution, well they are legacy and no longer supported. And quite old. They don't sell anything so updating to get them to run on ios 8 would be pointless.
    Whereas leaving them on the store for people to download and not be able to run them would be just plain stupid. So what they've done is correct.
    They do still show up in my purchased list and can still be downloaded.

7. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #447 VirtualBoyFreak, Sep 25, 2014
    Hey Rip73, is it worth buying the "Founders IAP"? I mean, I'm looking for a premium experience and the game controls great... Well, I suck because I crash everywhere, but controls are great as a simulator :p Anyway, back on topic, will I get that premium experience with the one-time IAP? Thanks. EDIT: read your answer in the "price drops" thread :) thanks!

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    #448 Rip73, Sep 25, 2014
    I wouldn't really bother unless you want to throw them some support as it is not in any way necessary.
    I bought the game at full price at launch and I've never felt a need to buy anything else to get there quicker.
    I earned away quite easily and as I expected to with a premium so had and have no problem with it.
    It's a really good game. The physics are really tough but that's the simulation part as it's very realistic I suppose.
    If you got it for free and feel a need to support them, work away and get the pack, I'd definitely encourage supporting them:), but it won't be something you need and you won't hit a paywall without it. Assuming nothing changes in the meantime.
    It is a premium game so expect it to behave that way because it does. It won't give you anything for nothing but the rewards are appropriate.
    There is a timer thing in there that was left over from development but I've never even noticed what it does other than be a game mechanic repair wise. Thing is you'll be earning so much in game currency that you'll never even notice it.
    The game is appropriately balanced for what it is, a premium game.
    I obviously would encourage buying even a little bit of iap if ones get it for free, but no, you won't need any of it to progress.
    I've never seem any ads in it either except an odd pop up here and there for when xcom launched and Bioshock but that's for their own games and I wouldn't really consider that an ad.

Edit. And oh by the way, it is tough. One of the toughest I've played on the platform. But it is extremely rewarding.
    It is very simulation and not in any way arcadey so expect difficulty but so very satisfying once you get to grips with it.
    It is one I'd wholeheartedly recommend.
    The challenge will frustrate some but that challenge is not a paywall, it's just a challenge and engrossing which gives it a lot of replayabilty.
    Menu is very confusing though at times but its workable.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Man, I feel guilty for having grabbed the game for free thinking it was freemium'd and now I see it's one of the best racing sims I've played in a lot of years. Physics are fantastic, car handling is extremely difficult as it would be in real life and the game is tremendously enjoyable. I think I'll grab the $10 VIP pass, which seems to also grant special car upgrades and special VIP cars too. The game is fantastic, and ads are 2K ads as in XCom (I'm getting one about a wrestling game or something like that).

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I'm very glad to hear you're enjoying it.
    I always thought it was ine of the best available and probably the best where simulation is concerned.
    I'm actually surprised you didn't already have it considering we have a lot of the same games.:)
    On the iap, I agree, it would be very fair to get it.
    It'll still only give you stuff quicker as anything it gives you can still be earned in the game even those VIP upgrades/cars can be got with the gold bars (or whatever they are called), it'll just happen slower.
    Unless I missed something first time around.
    Tis very fair of you to consider it but any iap would show support so don't feel as though a higher one is necessary.

Oh yeah, that wrestling game is one of theirs as well.
    I don't see anything wrong with a dev promoting their own games in one of their own games personally, seems quite like some thing they should be doing anyway.

Anyway, enjoy, there is plenty to it.

11. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

This game is way better than RR3! I avoided because of people saying it had bad controls, it's because they are actually realsitsic and cars don't slide everywhere. I sincerely wish this got more attention, I heard that it was made by some of the Devs from Bizarre Creations who made Blur and the PGR series...

12. Anonomation

Odd, I went and checked and I still have asphalt 5

13. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap. Finally bought the VIP pack. Very happy with it.

14. Rudi

Rudi Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    Is there arrow toch control in the game now?

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I think it's steering wheel and tilt only, with manual or auto transmission.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Can anyone help me out: How many cars hast this game got in total? I've unlocked 36, but I'm not sure if those are all the cars in the game, because I can't seem to find an access to the dealer where I Can see all the cars available for purchase. I've been searching all the Internet but can't find it anywhere.

Also, has anyone experienced a bug recently where you are not granted the coins for levelling up? It's frustrating to level up but not achieve the expected coins, because they are very necessary for upgrading the cars... It has been happening to me in the last two/three weeks.

17. Anonomation

Hey, there's a glitch. When you delete your game you lose your progress but keep your cars, I have been repeating the process and now have vehicles for each race type and class.

18. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #458 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2015
    Yes, that's the glitch I'm exploiting now (you get 30 coins every time you begin the game), since I feel like being forced to buy coins because the game doesn't grant me the ones for levelling up… The problem is you keep the cars, coins and stars, but not the driver level nor the performance upgrades, so you always begin on level 1 with factory cars. You need around 90 coins to upgrade each car. That means that you'd need to begin with 3500 coins to make sure you have for upgrading every vehicle. That's 120 times doing the trick…

19. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I know this was posted a month ago, but I just got the game recently. I did see that if you play the game without an internet connection, you won't get any rewards for completing events. Normally it warns you about this when you start the game without a connection, so you'd probably already know, but maybe if your connection is unreliable and goes up and down while you're playing, you might miss some rewards without being notified?

20. Anonomation

I thought what you were rewarded when you race "the Beast"