Final Fantasy Tactics half off

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by VeganTnT, Jun 5, 2013.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    #1 VeganTnT, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    iPhone and iPad version on sale to celebrate retina + iCloud update

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS :WotL

SQUARE ENIX
    [Updates from Version 2.0.0] - iCloud Save Data Compatibility iCloud save data from ver. 1.2.0 and older versions is in…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $13.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    [Updates from Version 2.0.0] - iCloud Save Data Compatibility iCloud save data from ver. 1.2.0 and older versions is incompatible with ver. 2.0.0 and later versions. Please save the game using the in-game save feature before updating to ver. 2.0.0 or later versions. Please note that iCloud save data from ver. 2.0.0 onward will be compatible with ver. 2.1.0 and later updates. - Quick Save Warning Due to changes to OS features, Quick Save cannot be performed in battles. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding. [Other Important Notifications] - Quick Save (auto-save) data is erased when the game is updated. Please use the in-game save feature before updating to the latest version. - The app requires a fair amount of memory and may not load while other apps are running. If the app does not load, please close all other apps and try again. ===== [Version 1.2.0] ■Refined Graphics All of the game's unit graphics have been redrawn in high-resolution. Don't miss this chance to play the sharpest, most beautiful FINAL FANTASY TACTICS yet! ■Improved Draw Speeds The graphic drawing processes have been optimized for mobile devices. Say goodbye to choppy motion and crash bugs, and play with the quickest, smoothest abilities effects and animations to date! ■iCloud Support A save slot which allows game data to be saved to iCloud has been added. It is now possible to migrate game data across multiple devices. --- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions has arrived for iPhone/iPod touch! Released as the Final Fantasy series' first tactical RPG in 1997, Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation went on to sell over 2.4 million copies worldwide. The game grew in popularity upon its re-release in 2007 as Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP with added features such as new movies, scenarios and Jobs. Now, in 2011 the game has finally arrived for the iPhone/iPod touch! You can enjoy the game whose story gave life to the world of Ivalice, and whose high strategy battles bring tactical games to a whole new level. ■Game features - Intuitive Touch Screen Controls The complex tactical game can be effortlessly and intuitively controlled by simply tapping units and menus. Gone is the old method of switching fixed map views - you can now rotate, move and change the size of maps as you please by sliding and pinching. - Improved Loading Times Loading times have been improved to get you into the action quicker than ever. What's more, you can even skip certain cut scenes.
    Information
    Seller:SQUARE ENIX
    Genre:Role Playing, Simulation
    Release:Aug 04, 2011
    Updated:Mar 07, 2023
    Version:2.3.0
    Size:670.4 MB
    User Rating: (25)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS

SQUARE ENIX
    [Updates from Version 2.0.0] - iCloud Save Data Compatibility iCloud save data from ver. 1.2.0 and older versions is in…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    $15.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    [Updates from Version 2.0.0] - iCloud Save Data Compatibility iCloud save data from ver. 1.2.0 and older versions is incompatible with ver. 2.0.0 and later versions. Please save the game using the in-game save feature before updating to ver. 2.0.0 or later versions. Please note that iCloud save data from ver. 2.0.0 onward will be compatible with ver. 2.1.0 and later updates. - Quick Save Warning Due to changes to OS features, Quick Save cannot be performed in battles. We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding. [Other Important Notifications] - Quick Save (auto-save) data is erased when the game is updated. Please use the in-game save feature before updating to the latest version. - The app requires a fair amount of memory and may not load while other apps are running. If the app does not load, please close all other apps and try again. ===== [Version 1.2.0] ■Refined Graphics All of the game's unit graphics have been redrawn in high-resolution. Don't miss this chance to play the sharpest, most beautiful FINAL FANTASY TACTICS yet! ■Improved Draw Speeds The graphic drawing processes have been optimized for mobile devices. Say goodbye to choppy motion and crash bugs, and play with the quickest, smoothest abilities effects and animations to date! ■iCloud Support A save slot which allows game data to be saved to iCloud has been added. It is now possible to migrate game data across multiple devices. --- Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions has arrived for iPhone/iPod touch! Released as the Final Fantasy series' first tactical RPG in 1997, Final Fantasy Tactics on Playstation went on to sell over 2.4 million copies worldwide. The game grew in popularity upon its re-release in 2007 as Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions for the PSP with added features such as new movies, scenarios and Jobs. Now, in 2011 the game has finally arrived for the iPhone/iPod touch! You can enjoy the game whose story gave life to the world of Ivalice, and whose high strategy battles bring tactical games to a whole new level. ■Game features - Intuitive Touch Screen Controls The complex tactical game can be effortlessly and intuitively controlled by simply tapping units and menus. Gone is the old method of switching fixed map views - you can now rotate, move and change the size of maps as you please by sliding and pinching. - Improved Loading Times Loading times have been improved to get you into the action quicker than ever. What's more, you can even skip certain cut scenes.
    Information
    Seller:SQUARE ENIX
    Genre:Role Playing, Simulation
    Release:Feb 23, 2012
    Updated:Mar 07, 2023
    Version:2.3.0
    Size:813.3 MB
    User Rating: (3)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. LazerTag

LazerTag Active Member

May 9, 2012
    It seems to have an incredible amount of bad reviews. Not very promising :/

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    how good is this game, i tired it very quick on the ps1 at a buddys house and found the game to hard, how long is this game how are the load times on the ipad and graphics compared to the psp version?

also does the game end or is there a new game plus, or end game content?

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    That has more to do with them making it two separate apps where the saves can't transfer. Then, to add insult to injury, they released the iPad version much later than the iPhone version... But it was the exact same assets as running the iPhone version in 2x mode.

It was a pretty bad move, almost as bad as making the iPhone version of TWEWY require the camera flash to make sure it doesn't run on an iPad at all.

That aside, the game itself is fantastic.

5. Bloko

Bloko Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    This.

I recommend it to anyone, it's one of the best games to ever land on AppStore.
    (Actually, I'd say it's one of the best games ever made in history, but that's just me. :p)

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    True, true, true.

7. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Get this now!!The updates made this game a full baked port..Specially the UI changes that they did not mention...I bought this months ago and was not happy with it...Now I'm truly happy with it...Now between this game,KOTOR and WHQ,my IOS gaming time is fully booked for a long while..:D

8. Rusothil

Rusothil Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2011
    I bought this when it first came out and played it flawlessly on my iPad first gen. I played it for about 30 hours and then put it down for a bit. Then the retina came out and I played it all over again. GET THIS NOW IT IS AMAZING. *Goes to start playing it again

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I am not a turn-based strategy fan at all, but there are a few titles that simply blew my mind.

FFT is one of them. One of the best ever titles made in history in my opinion.

As far as other TBS games go, the only other few titles i really loved are Warhammer Quest, Front Mission series, Advance Wars 2, Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and Jeanne d'Arc.

10. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Is it really retina?

11. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Oh yes.

Yes it is.

It very, very much is.

12. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Hey EP,you better download this again man...The reboot is magical!!;)

13. TeflonDonbot

TeflonDonbot Member

Feb 10, 2013
    Can anyone with the update confirm weather or not this update addresses the crashing issue?

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Hahaha! Not now. I have to finish a couple playthroughs into KOTOR first (light and dark side), and i have to finish WHQ as well. I fear FFT might take away some time from those 2 for now and i wont be able to finish any of the 3. :D

15. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    The lone dissenting review on the App Store states it doesn't support iPhone 5. Can any one confirm/deny this? Also, how does it look in 2X mode on the iPad?

16. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    It's confirmed on the iPhone thread to not fit the iPhone 5 screen.

I'm currently playing it on an iPad 3 at 2x and it looks really good. I have no complaints.

17. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Thanks Vegan, I appreciate it. Seems the best way to go if you want to play on both iPad and iPhone. Hoping iCloud sync works well!

18. Card

Card Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Toronto Canada
    How's the controls on the iPad?

19. Alister

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    The controls are very good...Very touch friendly...It's now tailored for the platform...:D

20. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    Definitely solid enough; the iPad-native version looks and plays even better, naturally, but if you intend to play on both iPhone and iPad, then sticking with the iPhone version is the way to go, and will basically save you having to buy the game a second time.

Exactly as you'd hope, given the rather tangled nature of the original game and its slightly excessive menu-mania.