Universal [Soft Launch: CA/AU/NZ] Battle Bay (by Rovio Entertainment Ltd)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by RieIsumi, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RieIsumi

RieIsumi New Member

Mar 4, 2016
    old soft launch thread

2. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Downloading now

3. Techzamazing

Techzamazing Well-Known Member

Looks good. I hope that different from Angry birds

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Ha ha Sink or Win, wonder what sink or swim thinks of this.

5. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Aren't you glad you made that account? Haha.

This could be interesting. Rovio always makes incredibly high quality games. I'm bored of the birds, but I'm game to try anything they put out.

6. Bucktroo

Bucktroo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 29, 2011
    Male
    Analyst
    Natural State
    Very glad! haha

This is actually really fun. First game that's given me sea sickness though. I'm having a blast with it.

7. WakenBake

WakenBake Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Having fun with it so far. Not a huge fan of the upgrading and numerous currencies but I think the gameplay is enough for me to not care.

8. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I can't believe how well this runs on my iPad mini 1 !!!
    Especially with the wave physics and multiple players, it's really gorgeous.
    The controls are hard to get used to for me, but if you've played "Tank games" you should be familiar with the turret independent of your movement. Just hard for me.

9. windwarz

windwarz Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2013
  10. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Hot garbage.

11. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Since it`s currently a Softlaunch I won`t remind everyone that this Mobile Game is currently unbalanced like hell and that you most of the time get mixed up with other player then are ten times higher then you and therefore even if you would like to hit them you probably won`t make enough Damage at all to even sink them.

Besides this the rest of the Game seem so far focus on Only Multiplayer so an Internet Connection is required.

I hope that the Game will get a some (offline) Bots too so you could train some rounds Offline before you get released to the Kraken, sorry I mean to the Online Multiplayer :D

12. Krump

Krump Member

Mar 10, 2016
  13. Maelwolf

Maelwolf Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2016
    I've been playing this like mad since it soft released and I'm still having a blast. I find it a lot more accessible than World of Tanks, and simply more enjoyable to play. You have a large range of interesting and unique ships, weapons, de buffs, buffs, heals, and utility items to customize your play style with. Gameplay is fast paced, and while plunking down cash certainly gives you more options faster, I have yet to see matches determined by purchasing power over skill.

I do find I get a lot of crashes, although fortunately these happen when returning to the menu rather than in game. Still, it gets annoying. I really hope this game sees success upon world wide release as I'd love to see even more content, especially in regards to new levels.

14. Superpadu85

Superpadu85 Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Hi guys, I played this game for a while and seems really good!! There are already tons of players and they made a lot of updates to make it better!
    I'm writing this because the game is going to be released global on 4 may after more than a year of soft launch!!
    Give it a try!

15. wondroushippo

wondroushippo 👎🏻carter👎🏻
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 4, 2010
    Male
    Ex-TA, now I do PR
    San Antonio, TX
    Where did you hear that?

16. Superpadu85

Superpadu85 Member

Jul 17, 2014
    From the official forum:

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/battle-bay-available-worldwide-may-4.160/#post-1054

17. nodoctors

nodoctors Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    I've been playing this on and off since the soft launch and despite it having all of my hated free to play mechanics in play, I always found myself having a good time with it. Couldn't say exactly what it is, but something is there. I've actually enjoyed it more than any pvp fps offering thus far in the store even though fps is where I'm at home. Give it a download next week.

It has a huge name with the Angry Birds team behind it, but I'm curious to see just how much attention it really gets from the public a few weeks after launch. The economy and pay 2 win mechanics in a pvp environment will immediately turn a lot of people away, and I don't blame them at all. These companies are here for the money first, not a fair fight. Just be prepared to roll your eyes and look past it to get to the fun game underneath.

18. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I seriously can't wait to give this a go. Reminds me of a super fun original Xbox boat war type game that was hella fun!

19. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Yeh, I agree with that, I've arrived late to the party but been enjoying this for a few hours despite seeing the usual hallmarks of P2W.

I like it, maybe the pay wall get steeper but for now it's fun.

20. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    A really fun game
    Great concept.