ManaQuest - Beta Sign up now! (Manacraft)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Instabuy Games, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Instabuy Games

Instabuy Games Well-Known Member

#1 Instabuy Games, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2012

We currently have implemented:

-Multiplayer
    -50 block types
    -60 items
    -Lighting calculations
    -Liquid physics
    -Falling block physics
    -Crafting
    -Spells
    -Infinite world
    -Worlds with different seeds
    -Dungeons

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The name is not final. It is just a placeholder until we find a better name or decide we like this one. There is not much to be said about the gameplay yet as the game is in its early stages but the engine is nearly complete. The game will involve magic crafting of sorts. Still working that out.

We welcome your feedback, questions and ideas for the game, as always.

2. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    awesome!

3. slimothy

slimothy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
  4. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    So this is a minecraft clone?

Anyway, I think that it would be better if you guys implemented "swipe to look" controls.

5. altair77

altair77 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2009
    Greece,Athens
    #5 altair77, Nov 21, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    AWESOME i hope you will make the character more tall cause he looks like he is the same high as the blocks....oh yea will the be crafting all that???i mean in a short question Will this be minecraft on iphone full?does this have anything to do with this http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/16/minecrafted/ ???

6. Instabuy Games

There will be crafting as well as magical components. For example in our video you can see the user is using an item to fly.

This game is not a minecraft clone, you will be able to do many things such as crafting and obviously mining but we are going to have many features that are not in minecraft.

The character is going to be taller, but yes your correct in this video he is the same height as the block, this is because there is no character this is just a proof of concept.

7. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    will there be multiplayer?

8. sokaroka

sokaroka Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    You guys look like can can produce decent games.
    It's just a shame you've put your time into a clone, would've like to see your own game.

9. Instabuy Games

We will add a multiplayer component to the game. But most of the game mechanics are undecided at this point.

We are not making a clone. The voxel engine is similar but we will be focusing more on magic in the game than mining. We are still in the planning phase but there will be items, quests and drops in the game. There will also be randomly generated dungeons created to find and explore.

10. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    you just made my day! :D

11. sokaroka

Sep 13, 2009
    I suppose I over reacted a bit.
    I'm just sick of every on the PC thinking they can rip of Minecraft, there are so many clones.
    I know Minecraft itself is based on other games, but some of the Minecraft clones are next to the EXACT same thing, and at this point your game looks similar enough for me to judge straight away.

I will be following this anyway, as I suppose there is no Minecraft-ish game currently in the app store.

How exactly will the magic work?
    I mean the main idea of these current games is the block by block land, mining each and using resources, how will magic override this as the main component?
    Or will it just be something extra?

Anyways, good luck with it all :)

12. Instabuy Games

At first glance I could see the confusion and your reasoning for thinking it is an exact clone. But I agree a little jumping the gun.

The video is proof of concept and showing that the engine is almost complete. How exactly magic will work is going to be announced all in due time. But as a teaser, magic will help you to mine faster and fend off foe's just to mention some of the uses.

13. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    But what about minecrafte'd?

14. Instabuy Games

I am not sure what is happening with that. We are not associated with minecrafted.

15. sokaroka

Sep 13, 2009
    As has now been cleared up they are different.
    Minecrafted however, IS a clone.
    Which can connect to the legit servers.
    This is a separate game with more features, as said above.

16. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Not a clone, but a multiplayer client.

I was hooked onto this after the video. I love sandbox block games like this and Minecraft. I would already be okay with multiplayer and a lot more block types! Seeing as you're adding an element of magic makes me even more curious. Can't wait to see the result of this!

17. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

i never really got the point of minecraft, so unless you madde some significant changes, i think i'll have to pass. which would suck, cus i loved your first game.

18. Instabuy Games

You will be able to get the point of this game :)

We are not affiliated with Minecraft, yes our engine looks similar and is voxel based. Yes we have blocks, mining and crafting. What people need to know is that we are introducing magic, dungeons, quests and drops!

Glad you enjoyed BloodNGuns!

19. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

Soo... an RPG with a very similar look to minecrafted? sounds cool.

playing back after my initial addiction, i have to say, the blood splatters in bloodnguns get damn annoying after a while. oh well.

20. sokaroka

Sep 13, 2009
    Introducing?
    Minecraft has dungeons and drops...
    What difference do you mean?
    Quests sound good though...Minecraft gets rather boring with no objective after you build for hours straight :p