Soccer Manager vs. MYFC

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by blk04a4, Apr 24, 2009.

1. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    what is everyones impression, i think i kinda like soccer manager a little better, the only think is real names. plus myfc crashes on me a lot...

2. shigzeo

shigzeo Well-Known Member

i haven't bought it yet but will after i move from this bloody flat!

3. blk04a4
    1.01 went to Apple on Monday, so you should have an update within 8 days of this. This version will allow you to change player names & team names. :)

1.02 is off to Apple on Monday next week with a host of new features, fixes and improved player stats - including a new remote stat update system allowing us to update player stats without you having to wait for new Apple updates. :cool:

Read more on twitter : http://twitter.com/fizzsoftware

4. Mythbuster

Mythbuster Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    Journalist
    In the middle of nowhere
    I have both. At this moment I prefer MYFC. In my opinion it is deeper and more complex. But I am pleased to see that updates will come for Soccer Manager! :)

5. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    Yo Fizz,
    I prefer your software because the price for Soccer Manager is honest and you support all of the important European leagues.

Just one thing: after two years I'm stuck at the end of a season and can't start with a new one.. that was pretty disasppointing since I was going to play champions league with my second league team...

My supporters were so excited and still waiting outside the stadium...

Mh...hope you can fix that "bug", if it's a bug...

Thanks,
    keep doing cool like this.

6. BBagwell

BBagwell Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    The MYFC devs do need to address the crashes - adding an editor is my #1 request after stability.

7. Spotlight
    There was an issue that a few may encounter at the end of a season. 1.01 should take care of this - 'ready your supporters again'.

8. Canuck

Canuck Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2008
    I wonder-as someone who knows nothing about the players and very little about the teams, is either game superior to the other? I mean, $4.99 is a much nicer price point compared to $9.99 and if I don't know the players' names anyway then it shouldn't matter if they're fake right? Is there anything in particular that MYFC has that Soccer Manager doesn't?

9. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    Bought your game, looking forward to the updates! :)

10. BBagwell

BBagwell Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Just wanted to chime in and tell you that I am thoroughly enjoying MYFC. I am working my way through a season and seeing many of the nice touches that I have come to expect in PC manager titles. I think football fans are doing themselves a disservice to wait for something that isn't out and not give MYFC a real go. Maybe a Lite version will come out - that should generate alot of interest.

11. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

most are not waiting for something that aint out. they are waiting as the price is a lot to ask. and i know its low compared to games on other platforms yada yada yada......

12. Swordplay

Swordplay Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    Chicago
    If you don't know the teams or players but want a managing game then get Soccer Manager. there is no need to pay double for athletes names.

13. Jeffro87

Jeffro87 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2009
    #13 Jeffro87, Apr 27, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2009
    Currently I have MYFC. I am by no means a soccer fan, and I rarely ever watch it. I'll watch the World Cup. I really enjoy FIFA and Pro Evolution Soccer, so I thought maybe i'd try MYFC. It's a lot of fun, but I feel like my knowledge of soccer is so horrible that I really don't know how to give my team the edge and progress. I wish there was a guide or something that kinda let you know the benefits of the sliders in training mode and such. I'm playing as Chelsea and im about mid-season and im ranked 6th overall. I feel that's bad =(

If anyone could message me some pointers id really really appreciate it and it would give me a better understanding of strategy in managing a team. I really am somewhat clueless in soccer strategy. Anyone who feels they have a good grasp on MYFC id GREATLY appreciate a message on some tips and things to look for to better my team.

I havent played Soccer Manager, but I can say I am very pleased with MYFC, just somewhat clueless.

14. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Its not the price, its that Champ Manager is coming! :cool:

15. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

well that and the price. As in because the price is so high people will wait for this game.

16. Kramer

Kramer Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2009
    Yeah, I'm going with Champ Man. It's proven, you know the AI and flow are going to be realistic so I don't mind spending a few quid on it.

This looks really nice but I'm not taking a punt, unless it had released at a lower price - between £3 and £5, for example. Although I do understand that this has a higher price than Soccer Manager because of the licensed teams.

17. Carlsb3rg

Carlsb3rg Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I'm gonna hold out for Championship/Football Manager.

It's weird though that EA has not released anything from their FIFA series.

18. smwatson

smwatson Member

Apr 22, 2009
    MYFC is, in my opinion, superior.

Seems more polished, more in depth, and just an all round better management sim.

19. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    after playing both for quite some time, i think i just like the overall flow of soccer manager better. people are always hurt in myfc, like all the time i have 5 of my best dudes out for 12 weeks lol. i like how soccer manager has their games setup too with all the players on the field

20. rwomack

rwomack Member

Apr 22, 2009
    Huddersfield, UK
    A small number of users have reported a crash problem, they all are running on 1st generation iPhones, I am desperately trying to acquire one to solve the problem, no crashes have been reported on any other device, and we have all other devices, and havent had a crash for a few weeks of heavy testing. An update for this and other issues will appear as soon as we resolve the crash.