Dragonvale: Strategies/Tips (NOT an add me thread)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by darren12, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Jazbodooley

Jazbodooley Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Devon
    Woop woop!! Excellent news! Long wait but your patience was rewarded! :D

2. Aiera Kyoto

Aiera Kyoto Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    #4022 Aiera Kyoto, May 10, 2012
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
    Congrats Hooked for getting Dodo! ^^

And it looks like we have two new dragons to breed! We have the Plasma which can be gotten by breeding a lightning and a water dragon (so I guess we need a hybrid), and the Butterfly dragon, a Hybrid involving Lightning, Air and Fire.

I'm not sure if any of these two are limited though, but this does give us something to do again ^.^

Edit: Just got the 12 hour timer for Butterfly with Firefly/Air in the regular breeding cave (both level 10s). Other successes from Dragonvale's facebook page also includes Sonic/Fire.

3. swarmski

swarmski Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2011
    2 new dragons and still no new levels.....pretty lame considering how longs its been

4. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Plasma - recoulored Lightning
    Butterfly looks new. Haven't got it yet. Nice to have something new to work towards.

Any idea if they are time limited?

5. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    I agree with you there Swarmski. There are also no new decorations nor more habitats. I'm starting to run out of space. :(

6. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Wow!!! Take a few days (ok almost a week) off dragonvale and the forum and you miss a lot! I have beentrying to get a moon dragon so I have tried to not breed during the day to see if that worked. Problem is, I get busy at night and forget to breed. Imagine my surprise when I bred the firefly and snow in both caves today and got 12 hour timers. Two butterfly's! Anyway, I need to go back and read the last 100 post ( haha) but wanted to let everyone know a butterfly can be achieved by firefly and snow in case it hasn't been tried yet. As I said, I havent gone back and caught up on posts because I was so excited so sorry if this is old news =]

7. Deeneez

Deeneez Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Found a combo that works for Plasma..... Lighting/iceberg.

Got it second try with this. I did try other combos but no success. Then I started to think of recently added dragons.... And iceberg is the same shade of blue, and waa-laa.. It worked.:D

8. TexasTed

TexasTed Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    #4028 TexasTed, May 10, 2012
    Current Dragon is a hidden dragon

Trying Water and Magnetic I got a 16 hour timer. The egg was blue with a lightning bolt, the dragon is on my 2nd island in the Lightning habitat. It looks like a Water with the Lightning coloring.
    Good luck y'all!

9. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    I am betting the butterfly is for a limited time.....all of our tri-hybrids have been:cool:

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Even though plasma is a recolour I really like it. its bigger, has transparent wings and really nice shades of blue.

No luck with current or butterfly. Used all my gems but glad to have something to do besides levelling dragons. Concentrating on butterfly as it looks awesome and is brand new art.

11. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    #4031 hookedat40, May 10, 2012
    FYI Didn't work for me...got a 6 hr timer. This game is so funny. No guarantees!
    Edit. Just tried firefly + snow and got 8 hr timer. So I guess I used up my luck this week on DooDoo

12. Aiera Kyoto

Sep 18, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere...
    Just got a 16 hour timer for Plasma with Sonic and Water (both level 10s) in regular breeding cave. Just wanted to throw that out there for fun ^^

13. hookedat40

hookedat40 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Perfect!!

14. Flip1329

Flip1329 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2012
    Couldn't wait, had to speed up the last few hours of breeding. It's a SUN!! Yay:D So now that I am on the verge of having all the dragons they have added more. Lol. I'm never going to get that achievement.

15. Amsterdam

Amsterdam Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Got a 16 hour timer using lightening and iceberg. It took about 4 tries. I got two butterflies using firefly and snow, they happened on the first and second try. All of my dragons are level 10. And I finally got my moon. Woo hoo! Now on to the dreaded dodo

16. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    Got two Butterflies using Firefly/Air on my third and fourth tries of that pair. Tried Sonic/Fire a couple of times and ended up with Scorches. As soon as my caves are free again I'll shoot for the Plasma.

On a side note, leveled up my 50th Panlong to 15 this morning. Seems like I've been working on that forever!!! Guess I'll start breeding Blooms now to knock out lightening, cold and plant but I am dreading the process!! I can only seem to grow enough food to level up one a day. I can only imagine the effort it takes to level something to 20!

17. Foxtail2010

Foxtail2010 Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Design
    Somewhere else
    #4037 Foxtail2010, May 10, 2012
    No luck yet with the new dragons.. tried iceberg/lightning, firefly/air, keep getting 8 hrs, ugh. Can't wait to put Snow in the mix - wouldn't you know it, I'd just put my only Snow into the colliseum yesterday. And one of my caves is tied up with Rainbows, so breeding plans are a little hampered... Think I'll try Magnetic/Water next.
    Really I shouldn't complain yet, at least it's something to do!

EDIT
    Wow! Congrats to @Flip on getting a Sun, @Amster on a Moon, and @fields for the Butterflies ... heehee now that's a fun sentence.. And @fields - 50 level 15 Pans, holy cow! That's a MAJOR achievement. I'm barely into the process.. 10 Pans now.. I keep wondering if it's worth it. Yeah, what it'll cost in time and dragon $ to get them all to 20?! Eek!! Not sure I'll be up for it.

18. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    New hidden dragon......Current. Same tags as Plasma just swapped.

So we are looking for 2 eggs...one blue with blue lighting bolt, one yellow with light blue waves.

I suspect it is also a 16 hr egg.

19. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Your egg is the new hidden dragon...Current. The Plasma egg is yellow with light blue waves. :D

Congrats!!!

20. Deeneez

Aug 23, 2011
    Pacific northwest
    Just got my first Butterfly. With firefly+air. Was doing air+firefly then did the swap. I like the shorter fails using air :p

Now for the second one:cool: