Gameloft Sale

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by SirAwesome, May 10, 2011.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Good news for ipad owners, gameloft is having a .99 sale focused on thier ipad games for a change. Here's the list:

On iPad:

Let’s Golf! HD
    Let’s Golf! 2 HD
    Real Football 2011 HD
    Eternal Legacy HD
    Splinter Cell Conviction HD

On iPhone:

The Settlers

On Mac:

Let’s Golf! 2

2. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I'm still waiting for the MC2 iphone sale. I think that was the dumbest thing I have done. I decided to wait for my most anticipated game on the platform. I bought games at full price that I do not even play anymore, and I waited for that. But I have waited so long that I am just going to go all the way. I expect it to go on sale in june based on Nova and MC first 99c sales.

3. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    Pretty sad -- only one title for iPhone/iPod users. Oh well, with the frequency of their sales, it won't be long before we see another big one (thinking Memorial Day weekend).

4. Bowgart

Bowgart Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    Man, I'm just having trouble getting excited for Gameloft games. Generally if you love the material, you'll enjoy the games. But otherwise they're all so... same-y. Same stupid controls, same stupid graphics, same crappy learning curve. And same taking up way too much space.

So do I want Eternal Legacy? Do I need it?

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    I'm glad I'm not the only one feeling that way. EA's latest sale beat this by a mile. I used to grab slot of games during these .99 sales like Nova 2 HD, but after playing Infinity Blade and RR2, Gameloft graphics are just downright awful.

6. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

I think that many peoples may be thinking the same as you, as for now, very few gameloft games remain in the top chart, that says something.

7. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    I think gameloft is slowly being outperformed in all but the fps genre. EA is getting better, or acquiring those that are better, and the other notables plus indies are starting to make strides in graphics, gameplay, and content. Gameloft has been starting to live of their name the last few releases. They need to make some overhauls, or start getting into the acquiring business. After all, they have a lot of their chips in the ios market. I wonder how long before EA grows enough to acquire gameloft :p.

8. yemi

yemi Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    I for 1 like gamelofts games , the controls are fine I never had problems with them. The graphics aren't the best , but they are good enough. Gameloft is one of the few companies who try to advance the iphone/ipod gaming platform.
    If you dont like thier games , dont buy them and send gameloft a message.

9. antony.thai

This is not gonna happen I think, company like Gameloft brings no value to EA, so far, Gameloft is awesome lack of original IP games while EA has ton of them. Gameloft always react with the market very very slow compare to the others, they started using Unreal Engine since some other developers used it and blame Gameloft's quality, they making Social game after the Zynga success...etc. They're far nothing new and more value to gamers.

10. antony.thai

:) Agreed, their game is worth playing actually.

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Actually, they dominate online play as well by far. I find that to be far more impressive than something like Dead Space from EA. Honestly, it feels like no other company even have a clue as far as online iOS gaming is concerned. And um, I think you really should get MC2 one of these days..debatably their best game, and no doubt their high their highest grossing. Plus, the player count is at its peak or nearly so right now. Probably decreasing by now so you should join in before they release MC3..

12. FictionalCharacter

FictionalCharacter Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2011
    i can definitely understand people's aversion to gameloft's liberal IP thieving, but i don't really have a problem with gameloft games. from what i've played (dungeon hunter 2, starfront, order & chaos), the games themselves are well-constructed.

honestly if you tried to describe order & chaos to me even a year ago i would have laughed.

13. injuwarrior

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    That is true. I forgot to mention their online, only comparable now to real racing 2 in terms of scope. Yeah I really should get. It is ironic how I almost never wait for sales, but I do with this game. I just have a feeling that it will go on sale any day now though.

14. Bowgart

Bowgart Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2011
    It's not the IP, it's the gameplay

Actually, I don't have a huge problem with Gameloft blatantly ripping off other games. Those games probably wouldn't have come to iOS anyways, and besides... I don't really care.

More of what I meant to say is that I haven't found playing any of their games to be particularly compelling. The auto-targeting due to a clumsy joystick, the poor level construction, the confusing interfaces---honestly, I can barely tell the difference between their WWII game, their space marine game, or their treasure-hunting game. It's like the same game, just with different skins.

Again, which would be fine if the core gameplay was interesting. But it's not...

I do understand if you really, really love Diablo. And so getting to play Dungeon Hunter is fun. Or if you love Halo, so consequently you like Nova 2. But ignoring the original IPs for the moment, neither of those (Gameloft) games are much fun to play. At least in my opinion :)

15. freestyle

freestyle Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Agree, the creativity ingenuity is not a new problem of Gameloft, lasts for years.

16. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Well, yeah, but that's honestly what Gameloft is trying to achieve. They want to give iOS users an experience that resembles their amazing counterparts found on consoles so customers looking for these "console-like' games are their main targets. I agree that most of their games feel very uninspired, especially their single player title. But, like I previously stated, I think they actually do a really good job at bringing us a multiplayer system that works really great. I can honestly say that I have indeed had fun with Nova, Nova 2, MC2, and O&C because of their excellent multiplayer. Gameloft achieves what they're after most of the time. Just wish they'd cut it down with games like Eternal Legacy, Sacred Odyssey, Shadow Guardian, etc. Those just feel like incredible space takers and incredibly watered down versions of what they're trying to be.

17. Sprite Cola

Sprite Cola Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Walnut, CA
    Been wanting to get Eternal Legacy, and am glad that I waited :)