Universal Reiner Knizia's Kingdoms (Universal)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Oct 25, 2010.

1. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    It was also updated to fix a few bugs including a crash bug when the speed was set to no delay and a late game lock up.

I'm not sure if that late game lock up is the bug I experienced with the game saying "(null)" on an ai players turn and the game freezing.

Until I know for sure that bug was fixed I won't pick up this up. I didn't like going three rounds into a game with a friend and the game having to be deleted

2. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    #22 medianotzu, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010
    I wish the dev were here to answer this concern. Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, do this game and High Society keep stats for your wins/losses/etc.?

Edit: Nevermind on the stats; I see on screenshot 7 (for both apps) that they do.

3. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    No clue on the bug but yes, it tracks your stats just like this dev's RK Money and RK High Society do.

4. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Very tempting, except after buying Medici and High Society within 3 days, I am putting this one "on hold"...

5. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Does this game, like High Society, have no sound at all?

6. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Down to $2.99 again.

7. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    bump

8. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    $3.99 -> $1.99 today.

9. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Does it not have sound? I see some comments to that effect in the reviews, but then that might have been an old version. I don't need much sound, but having it completely silent would be weird and it makes me think it's a half-hearted effort.

10. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    I recently picked up Money again and was astonished how good the KI has become in the meantime. So, you should try it out again. The Kingdoms KI is terrific and beats me almost every time, although I mostly win against human players (playing the real game).

11. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Decided to give this a try at $1.99. Downloading now. I see an iPad in my future, so this being universal was a plus. :)

12. johnnyboy

johnnyboy Member

Jul 23, 2009
    sale

99c today!

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    This is a good game and definitely worth 99 cents. I do hope they get the update out adding sound, though. I don't like that this game is completely silent. Also would very much like a pass-and-play multiplayer option.

14. spyky

spyky Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2010
    bought this just HOPING they will ever get any multiplayer support out. seems unlikely though it's been MANY months since the last update..

15. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    This game has been updated with IAP tile and board expansions, and some Game Center achievements. Also, a lite version has just shown up.

16. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    That's good, I like the game and I may buy the IAP to try the new stuff, but like everybody what I most want is online. Hopefully the devs figure out how to do it at some point.

17. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Is the new IAP worth it?

18. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Hard to say. They're very straight forward in what they offer, but whether adding in a -8 and +8 tile or two new board configurations are each worth $1, is a call only you can make as a player.

I'm a fan of the game and gladly snap up all of its IAPs, but still suck so horribly at it I'm in no position to say how these two IAPs affect game balance or "fun".

19. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I think Kingdoms is my kind of game. I found out that I had actually bought it a long time ago after I discovered Knizia, but never got around to playing it until this latest update.

Kingdoms is actually a short and simple game, despite the screenshots. The IAP expansions helped to spice things up even further, it is all I have been playing these two days. I am using the Zombies and Monument add-on on the 6x6 map.

Not too sure how the heroes work yet. In one game, the AI used the female heroine and placed all its tokens on her two rows, which became immune to attack. Lost very badly that time.

20. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Yeah, those heroes have some very twisted little powers all covered in the game's documentation.