Universal Tactical Soldier - Undead Rising (by Full Control ApS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    That'd be great. I must be in the minority if it hasn't been brought up before, but I've actually had to stop playing a couple of times because of this. I don't know if it's some sort of "condition" but I've experienced it in a handful of other games as well. If I am the one turning the camera around I'm fine, but just watching it tends to make me feel dizzy. If it's not too much work for you it would be great to have some sort of toggle. Been enjoying the game a lot more that I expected to aside from that.

2. redsky14

redsky14 New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    #382 redsky14, Dec 2, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
    Big bug that makes game unplayable in camp. 1 level 4 \ 1, laboratory.

I killed first 3 undead , then comic said I need to find something in lab. Only one doors opened , full of undead. But they didn't move and all is black, dark in the room. I killed them, but what after that? Room is black screen, I can't see anything. I have iPad 2 and I still didn't buy campaign 2.

3. Tonystarks

Tonystarks New Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I'm having the exact same problem as Redsky14! Anybody else figure out a way to deal with this and continue the game?? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers all!

4. blikstad

blikstad Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Freelance artist and game developer.
    Uppsala, Sweden
    I'm really sorry for the delay. Been out of the office and kept busy with things so haven't managed to stay on top of the bug reports the last couple of days. Again, real sorry.

This does indeed seem pretty serious, it must be some new bug that's snuck in there. We're looking into it!

Are any of you using the new update that got released a few days ago?

In either case, thanks for reporting.

5. juan13

juan13 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2010
    Have the same issue :(

6. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Yeah, we've identified the issue. Something accidentally got broken with the latest update, we're going to try to get a new update out as soon as humanly possible.

Wish there was something else I could do in the meantime other than saying sorry. Just stay tuned, we should be able to get this sorted out real soon.

7. VarmintCong

VarmintCong Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I just got campaign 2 - must have missed the sale, hope my $4 means you'll make a 3rd campaign. :)

A suggestion from XCom (refined in Dragon Age) - it might be cool for Marines to go unconscious when HP reach zero, but you continue the battle til all 3 are dead, only then are you forced to reload. If you kill all the zombies in the room, the unconscious Marines are revived with very low HP.

This would let you increase difficulty a bit, while also increasing the tension.

What I like about this game is the atmosphere, and the cutscenes help a lot with that, also the music, and the cinematic camera (don't change that just for the poor dude with vertigo, please!).

8. VarmintCong

VarmintCong Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This was a big shock to me also, but it's the right choice, especially for me cause I didn't realize you share skill points with all 3 soldiers - in campaign 1 I kept upgrading the 1st soldier with all the points, lol.

Campaign 2 would be too easy if you were already high skill, took me about 1 level to get used to it again.

9. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    Just wanted to let you guys know we've just submitted a new update to apple that fixes the level4 issue. Hopefully they'll listen to our pleas to approve it quickly. In either case, I'll let you all know when it goes live!

10. blikstad

Nov 15, 2008
    Uppsala, Sweden
    There we go!

Apple listened to our request to get the update approved as fast as possible, so 2.0.2 should be live in the appstore already.

Only thing changed is level 4 of campaign 1 won't lock up anymore.

11. Thomas Lund

Thomas Lund Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2008
    IT consultant and game developer
    Sweden
    Will be there at GDC - come say hi

Hey guys and girls,

I will be present at GDC this year showing off our upcoming unannounced TBS game.

So if you just want to say hi and have a quick chat + an exclusive little peek preview, then find me around the Nordic Games exhibition area. I'll most likely have a Tactical Soldier t-shirt on at least one of the days :)

Guess this post also is the first real mention of our new game that is mostly completed at this time. Slightly too early to show anything just yet, but the game is shaping up to be even better than TS. Crazy!

Best
    Thomas

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Great to hear about the new game. You guys should come to PAX East, though :D.

13. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Never been to Pax - only heard about it as gamers heaven.

/Thomas

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I have yet to go myself, but this year I snagged some press credentials -- my agency has the convention center as a client...

15. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Oh cool cool!! The passes themselves are not the main problem - its the travel expenses from Europe and hotels.

Throwing several thousands after it and just attending as standard conference goer seems a waste. So thus adding on top a bunch of expenses for exhibiting (table, PR material etc.etc.) and time.

But thinking about it - thinking about it.

GDC first though :-D

Going out there?

/Thomas

16. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Unfortunately, no. I guess I'll have to wait to find out what you guys have been up to.

17. Rivozzz

Rivozzz Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    very exciting news that you are working on a new title..if its anyway similar to tactical soldier its an insta buy on day 1 release. But I want to ask a questions will we see future more campaigns via IAP to tactical soldier? Or it didn't get much revenue so there won't be future more IAP campaigns???
    For me, it's best TBS on AppStore after FFT tactics!

18. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Hey Rivozzz

Super happy that you like the game! So thanks for playing!

We have been concentrating on getting the next game out the door and not on campaign 3. If you've played campaign 2 you will know that the story isnt wrapped up - so we definitely would love to do a campaign 3.

Thats actually part of going to GDC to see if we can find interest for C3/C4.

Our next game: even more awesome than TS. Thats our aim and I think we did it. Better graphics, better controls, dual weapons, much much more replayability, more open world, lots more tactical gameplay, smarter AI etc.

Depending on what happens at GDC and some of the meetings there, we will announce it all afterwards with screenies and stuff! But if you find me at GDC on the Nordic Pavillion area, then I'll give you a live preview ;-)

/Thomas

19. Marcus70

Marcus70 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2010
    #399 Marcus70, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    Looking forward to seeing screenshots of your new TBS in the near future. :)

20. Thomas Lund

Nov 17, 2008
    Sweden
    Hey guys and girls,

I have 2 promo codes left, as I pulled too many from iTunes for my needs.

Rather than letting them go to waste, I wanted to put them up here for 2 lucky gamers.

HMYRLWEYPJRL
    M6Y9A9FAPF44

Best
    Thomas