What's the story behind your username?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by knoids, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Neehan

Neehan Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Lol! Totally awesome explanation!

2. fluffernutter

fluffernutter Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2011
    I have a pink elephant stuffed animal that I named fluffernutter after the sandwich (peanut butter and marshmallow cream). I have always thought it was such a fun word to say. I now always us it for my user name.

3. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

A third of the Divine Comedy, Inferno, Purgatorio, and Paradiso.

4. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Mine originated as my personal tag of the graffiti sort, a long time ago; it became my primary online user name and has been for a very long time. It's a simple combination of anarchist and kitty, which makes sense to those who know me well IRL. :)

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL This made my day

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    psj are my initials, 3809 is the best result in the history of my NFL team (Oakland Raiders) when they won the Superbowl 38-09 back in the 1983 season !

I chose psj3809 as i needed a hotmail account years back, obvoiusly my full name had gone so i just went for something different as i was sick and tired of 'that account has already been taken....' messages when i kept trying slight variations.

7. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    My uncle suddenly started to call me 'the most royal humble lordly Lord Sam; king of kings' etc... So I thought that was funny (being fairly young) and it just stuck!

It's not some weird magic, dark lord type reference! :eek:

8. playerout

playerout Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2012
    Italy
    Nice! Actually I thought it was a sort of quotation of the character from the movie "the island", with Ewan McGregor (six echo)..with your personal modification (so..echoseven).
    I'm a big fan of star wars but I didn't remember of the small echoseven unit!

Anyway...may nickname is very simple...as one of my occupations is being a poker dealer...playerout seemed a good name..recalls something about me, or at least about something about what I do! eheh:)

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
  10. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    Im Sexist, only cooler.

11. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    #31 Almy, Mar 23, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
    Mine is my name. But I've also used Eredhel for decades. That stems from my digging into Tolkien's languages after reading lots of the non LoTR stuff.

12. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    i like muffins

flying muffins seemed better

so, SkyMuffin.

(on Steam my icon is actually a muffin with a superhero cape)

also, I later learned that "SkyMuffin" happens to be an uncommon term for Airline Stewardesses. o_O

13. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It is also a term for when a cat is sitting on something high up and stretches out it it's paws. Looks like its kneading dough!...

14. Emos

Emos Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    My handle is the first letter of Eric and first three of my last name, just thought it sounded cool at the time. Been using it as a computer name since the early 90s, before the "emo" scene came on stage. Had I known then I might have chosen something different, I keep getting twitter and GC requests from depressed kids with 'emo' in their handles :p

15. Almy

Almy Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2009
    A long time friend of mine's nickname has been Emos since the 80's. His name is also Eric. And he definitely shares your lack of love for the emos tainting over the years!

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
  17. Frennis

Frennis Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2011
    Sydney
    I used the name I gave to a fish I kept a few years ago. A Heros Severus, one of my favourites. (Quite unlike the Harry Potter bloke, although I like him too.)

18. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    I had a strange dream one night and I heard some beings whispering TinkyWinky.I have no idea what it means but I think it is a cool username