Favorite iOS Accessories

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pman, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    #1 Pman, Dec 5, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    What's your favorite accessory?

2. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Your whole post reads like one big advertisement. =/

3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    My finger.

4. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    If this is a serious thread the only one I've really got is my alarm dock, my iPod is pretty much just sitting there all the time these days except for occasional imessage use.

I could count my bluetooth speaker which I really like I got it half price and sound quality is right up there with the jambox I really bought that for my android phone and Vita though.

Both are made by Gear4 who I have to admit I didn't think much off beforehand but their both very sweet sounding bit's of kit and I'd definitely consider them again.

5. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    #5 crunc, Dec 6, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
    I don't really understand why you are here Teknikal, you just seem to constantly talk about how you have given up on iOS. Surely there's an Android forum that better suits you?

Anyway, as for a real answer, we are really pleased with this speaker dock and there is a new one coming out with Lightning connector if you need that (or you can use this one with the adapter):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SX0NFI/ref=wms_ohs_product

The sound quality is surprisingly good, it's a good way to charge, the iPhone attaches very securely and you can press on the iPhone screen while docked because the back of your phone rests against it. It's really a very clever design and sounds good. It also works fine with cases.

The only issue with it, and it's minor, is that it pretty much forces you to install their own music app. It will pop up and bother you when you dock your phone if you don't have the app installed. However you can install it and then just put in some folder and never look at it again. You don't need to use it.

Oh, and it can run on batteries. I think it kind of sucks them down, but it's an option you might find useful on occasion. Otherwise plug it in. We use ours in our kitchen mostly.

6. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    the Adonit jot pro stylus and the Dexim super juice pack. :)

7. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    Yes it was serious, but Ecko said that it was more of an advertisement, so I just took my long post down so it wouldn't seem like it. I have a lot of accessories for iOS which I constantly use, and I just didn't want to miss out on anything.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Syntstation 25 & iCade

9. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I visit a lot of forums I have a lot of different interests and I still use my iPod just not as much. I will tell you I'm not an Android fanboy though I have just as many issues with Googles Nexus range as I do with Apples devices.

I'm interested in all gadgets in general, also the Vita thread here is one of the best on the internet.

10. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    The Vita thread here isn't really that good(very slow). You should visit the main Vita thread on NeoGaf.

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    So basicly because I pointed out the gadget show called the iphone 5 a terrible phone I'm not welcome here and lets face it this is what this is really about.

Sorry if you all don't like it but the iPhone 5 and all iPhones in general have bad call quality I hate having to talk to people using them, unfortunately my girlfriend has one, I'd never buy one just based on that but I'm still debating getting a new iPod however at some point just awaiting my iPod battery to finally give up the ghost.

So I'm not going anywhere unless I'm banned and if I have an opinion on something I'll pipe in and that includes how terrible I've found iTunes on windows and negatives about the iPhone as long as I believe them to be true.

12. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Umm that wasnt a response to me right? lol.

13. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #13 Teknikal, Dec 7, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
    Nope sorry but I think that's what Crunc is mad about. I might be wrong but he seems to be suggesting get off this site.

I'm guessing it's this that caused him annoyance although it's no secret I dislike iTunes also.

edit: Also for the record I do think the iPhone is the best phone for gaming just wish it had better call quality although bluetooth headsets seem to help at least that's my experience with talking to people who have them.

edit2: Or maybe I'm overreacting and reading it wrongly if so sorry in advance.

14. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    I seemed to be seeing you only making negative posts about iOS/Apple, and never showing any interest in anything iOS. I wasn't mad about it, but I would say that it was getting a bit old. I have criticisms too - they aren't perfect - but there's a lot I love about iOS, iPhones, etc.

But maybe I was misreading too?

15. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    No problem I do know when I make negative posts about Apple someone will take it badly I do myself when someone trashes a piece of tech I own.

I'm still interested in IOS games and there is a lot of crossover with android as well but I do mostly read the lounge here, and I'm usually browsing quite a few different forums at once.

Haven't really time to say anything more got to get to work (nightshift) but I'm not mad either.