What happens after you sign up for the Development program?

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by skimmer221, Mar 1, 2009.

1. skimmer221

skimmer221 Member

Jan 15, 2009
    I've been playing around with the sdk for a couple of weeks and decided it's time to pay $99 for the developer program. I'm just wondering what happens after you sign up on apple.com and when I could actually test on my iphone.

2. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    when you pay the 99$ it means you can submit apps to apple, if you havent paid the 99$ you cant submit app

3. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

Once you complete that process, you'll get access to a Program Portal where you'll handle getting certificates to do code signing of your games. That'll let you put the games on your device for testing. You can also make certificates for distribution through the App Store or the ad-hoc distribution.

In addition you get access to iTunes Connect which is the website you'll use to actually submit games to iTunes, manage your games (descriptions, screenshots, pricing, etc), and view all sales data.

There are lots of nice help documents and walkthroughs, so it's pretty easy to find your way around in there. The first step is just paying the $99 and getting through the process of becoming a registered developer.

4. skimmer221

skimmer221 Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Thanks for the info.

How long does it take to get accepted and how will i find out?

5. MetaNick

MetaNick Well-Known Member

For me, registering as an LLC, it took about three or four weeks. You'll get an email when you're approved because you pay at the end. You'll get an email that links you to the Apple store and puts a $99 item into the cart. After I paid for that, it took about a day and I had access to all the goodies.

6. PoV

PoV Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    London, Ontario, Canada
    You get a parade in your honor. :)

7. Walker33

Walker33 Well-Known Member

Mine had an underdog balloon!! :D

8. Birdsoft

Birdsoft Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Developer