AdBuddiz Experience

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Phil128, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Phil128

Phil128 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    Germany
    I wanted to take the opportunity to share my experience with the ad network called AdBuddiz.

A little while ago I got contacted by them, if I wanted to try their program. It started out with some trouble setting up the SDK, contacted the support. Didn't help at all.

Eventualy I got it to work. Bad thing was, impressions were just not coming in. With about 500-700 downloads a day, it only summed up to about 80 impressions. I tested it on various devices all with the same result, no impressions.

Again I contacted the support. Only to get no response again.
    Finally I decided to change to Chartboost. Best choice so far. Impressions are up to 1000-1500.

My advice to you, stay away from their service.

One more thing to mention. Payoutlimit is 100$, I only got to about 40$. So I'm not even getting paid anything by them.

2. JonathanF

JonathanF New Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Hi Phil128,

I am the CEO of the company.
    We highly value the feedback of our publishers.
    From what I see, we disappointed you and this is a disappointment for me as well.

However, I must also defend our reputation.

1. You told us in your last email to the support that you were quitting the app business and that’s why you wanted to get your money before reaching the threshold. From what I see on this forum, your goal was to work with another ad solution. It’s your right but you can’t reproach us not to answer positively to you while you are not fully honest with us. The payment threshold is a rule that is clearly stated on our website. The main reason for that is that the publishers who want to get paid via wire transfer for very small amounts can end up getting no money at all (or in some extreme cases they can end up paying money) because of the international fees taken by the banks involved in the process. In addition to that, we don't want to charge our publishers with extra fees for the payments (contrary to many of our competitors who add their own fees to the existing wire transfer/paypal fees). As a result, we can't afford lowering the threshold. We would end up spending all our time on payments rather than on working on new features.

2. You say that you contacted the support for the integration and that you got no help from us. By checking our records I see no mail requiring tech help.

3. Our solution focuses on high paying campaigns. As a result, we prefer not to display ads rather than displaying ads with too low payouts. Because, otherwise publishers are not happy with their CPM.

As a result, I don’t think that your testimonial is fair.

3. Destined

Destined Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Why not use paypal or find a different payout method.

Google admob pays me the exact amount with no extra fees. Also when Chartboost pays I never lose money.

Anyway for people no longer requiring your service you should offer a final payout. Apple does that.

4. Introvert Studios

Apr 20, 2015
    Game Development
    Somerset, UK
    Our experience with AdBuddiz was actually quite different - when implementing the SDK we did require some support and they were very helpful and quick to respond. Their terms are very clear on the website, and we got exactly what was expected.

Although we didn't make much from it, this was through no fault of the AdBuddiz service. There may be less impressions than with other services but they yield a higher payout. This may not work so well with some games as it does for others - finding the right monetisation methods for games isn't always easy and requires a lot of testing, so any insight into peoples experiences is helpful.

5. JonathanF

JonathanF New Member

Jul 24, 2015
    When a developer has such a request, we always come back to him to find a solution.
    But we always want to see beforehands how we can help him to reach the $100 threshold.
    For instance, if a developer has a game that is good enough, we propose him a free featuring on our game discovery app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.purplebrain.giftiz
    This way, they can monetize the traffic we send them with our ads.

We also propose to review our publisher apps to see if we can improve the monetization performance.

In the case of the publisher who started this thread, he was not honest about his situation and didn't want to share information in order to find a solution. As I said before, he had perfectly the right to leave. But we thought it was not fair to make an exception to our rule given the fact that he was not transparent with us.

By the way, we do propose Paypal as a payment solution.

Also, can you tell me how chartboost pays you? In what country are you located?