iphone - is the camera any good?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by scottyd2k9, Mar 30, 2012.

1. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Im thinking about selling my Nokia n8 and my ipod touch 3g to buy an Iphone 4s white with money put toward it but i dont know because i'll switching from a 12mp camera to a 8mp. Does anyone know if the iphone camera is good ???

an is it worth getting?

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
  3. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    The camera on the iPhone 4 (I can't say for sure about the 4s) is good in comparison to most cell phone cameras, but it's still a cell phone camera. It takes pretty good pictures when the light is very good (basically only outside). Indoors it's much grainier and the LED flash isn't very good. One pretty cool thing about it, though, is that the GPS tags the location of photos, which is pretty darn nifty - seeing your photos marked on a map. I love that. I wish my real camera had a GPS built-in. In short, I think the 4/4s makes a good supplement to a real camera, but it's probably not a great choice for an only camera.

4. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah it's good for taking photographs, but useless for taking good photographs. As far as phone cameras go, it's pretty good, but definitely no substitute for a good compact camera or DSLR.

Also, pay no attention to how many megapixels phone cameras have. Having more megapixels doesn't mean better quality photos. The sensor quality and amount of noise in low light conditions is much more important.

5. Coburn

Coburn Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2011
    MI, USA
  6. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    i am very unhappy with the results of night photography mostly the flash that just does more harm then good. but the daytime photos are pretty good for a cell phone. i'm talking about iphone 4 btw

7. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    anyone tried the 4s camera because im getting a 4s, i dont know if i should get a 4s an sell my nokia n8

i have to keep carrying my nokia an my ipod touch everywhere so thts why im thinking of buying an iphone + my ipod is a 3rd gen, most new apps an games wont work on it nomore plus its only 8gb...

THANKS

8. EDV

EDV Member

Apr 6, 2012
    Character Designer, Illustrator, Game Artist
    Spain
    I own an iPhone 4S and in my opinion the camera is great.
    I've been using it a lot for taking shots of toys and wargaming miniatures and the quality is excellent.
    Of course if you want to get into professional photography this camera is not enough, but for taking casual pics it is awesome.