Universal Spiral Episode 1 - (by Pixel Hero Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 19, 2013.

1. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    Yeah invisible bug heheh when I was on iOS 6.4 anyway

Attached Files:

2. Psac42

Psac42 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Just finished the game. Highly enjoyed. Will definitely buy episode 2! Left a 5 star review on iTunes.
    Haven't decided on new game + or moving on to something else in my long backlog...

3. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    Oh boy. I guess that's why I'm getting choppy framerates on my iPhone 4S when playing some games while listening to device music after iOS 7.

4. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Hey guys! Just wanted to let you know we are planning on releasing a new, free to download version of Spiral Episode 1 this week!

For more info, including a new trailer and a wallpaper go here:

http://pixelherogames.com/?p=265

Thanks again for all of your support!

Nader

5. JetLinerSaw

JetLinerSaw Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2013
    Awesome! Good to see some more potential fans might join the fray. Any teases on something new? :O

6. Nader

Nader Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I seriously doubt it... that device has only got 256MB of RAM anyway. Worth a shot, but even if it does run I'd expect it to run at a REALLY low framerate :(

7. JetLinerSaw

Sep 5, 2013
    Just nabbed the top spot for the extreme gauntlet on the leaderboards. Could've gone longer but im not a very repetitive gamer unless it's multiplayer.

8. SuperSoupy

SuperSoupy Member

Feb 2, 2013
    The free version is released now :)

Download that and test the game out on your device.

9. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I just got this last night and WOW!!! Fantastic game. Great visuals, voice overs, story, controls and gameplay. I regret waiting this long to get it.

10. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Any news regarding episode 2?

11. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    When can episode 2 be expected?

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #452 Ayjona, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    Game Impressions

To have let this game lie dormant on my device for so long, such a waste of awesomeness... This is probably one of the most polished, most ambitious, and above all most fun games I've ever played on this platform.

After counter-attacks, throws, special and push attacks have been unlocked, Spiral even goes quite a way towards satisfying my ever malcontent inner fighter, who is never satisfied with any combat system that is not a mix-up of Lugaru, Zeno Clash, Die by the Sword and Oni ;)

I've no expectations the devs will ever have the means to realize something like this, but an open world game on the same premise, preferably in the same world, tied to Spiral, with expanded character progression and additional activities, but with the same really satisfying combat, fun platforming and meaningful social interaction, would be a dream game for ANY platform.

13. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
  14. philodygmn

philodygmn Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Tragically true. People seized up over its uniquely capable battle system, supposed brevity, and ostensibly high price. I among others hailed it as the defining moment coalescing touch action, but people were having none of it aside from the many who "got it". It's like the idea of its doing well bothered them more than it mattered to them that it was a really good game, simply for its shaking up their comfort zone of established gameplay conventions. Like its being massively pirated was simultaneously an homage to it or admission it's actually good, while defending their preconceptions, too cowardly to admit they liked it enough to feel guilty for not supporting the devs with a purchase. Disgusting.

I myself couldn't stand the non-combat controls but never let that cloud my judgement of its stellar, innovative combat, particularly the dynamic action set pieces like the hovercopter battles, excellent animation, reasonable script, nice mix of combat scenarios and play types (action, gunning, puzzle, stealth...) and just overall awesomeness.

Monument Valley's currently burning up the charts; I can't help feeling Spiral should have enjoyed similar success but the demographic of action fans are trained to be too anti-cerebral to even appreciate how awesome an action game Spiral is. Such a waste...

The fact the devs bent over backwards to keep it playable after iOS 7 halved their memory pool just makes me all the more torn-up over their cold-shoulder treatment by iOS gamers...

15. Infinity89

Infinity89 Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Is the Episode 2 in development?

16. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    I purchased this game recently and had no expectations going but mab it turned out to be a quality title fantastic art style,good graphics,good animations,great combat and a nice story. Other devs shoild learn how from this game specially some big names*.This game deserves all the accolades.

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    About how many hours is this?

18. quangvietnguyen

quangvietnguyen Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    about 4-5 hrs for me

19. JetLinerSaw

Sep 5, 2013
    Any word from the studio as to what they were doing after war hammer?

20. JetLinerSaw

Sep 5, 2013