Universal Galaxy on Fire 2 (FISHLABS)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Oct 26, 2010.

1. falloutmike

falloutmike Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    How do I find wormholes? I have that thing that shows them on maps, but what am I looking for?

2. zI Veo Iz

zI Veo Iz Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    When your looking at your map you'll see a wormhole on a system.

3. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    It's over nine... hundred!

4. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Thanks, and what items do I need for the quest to get the Khazor drive (whatever it's called)?

5. zI Veo Iz

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    You gotta mine the asteroids in Void space, need atleast 50 of the Void crystals.

6. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Thanks. I was mining em and just forgot how many I had to get, didn't want to leave and not have enough :p.

7. zI Veo Iz

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    You can pause the game and check your cargo you know.

8. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    uhm, look for a back button?

9. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    no but thanks anyway, i think my ship is being repaired or something & i'm supposed tio what for some guy to notify me. but sofar he hasn't. so i think i have to finish the space lounge challenge missions. to advance. not sure i'm only on level 3

10. falloutmike

Apr 16, 2009
    VA
    Where do I find energy cells? I would love to use this Khador drive, but don't know where to get the cells at.

11. Hai5

Hai5 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Can anyone tell me the the components and their quantity to construct a Fluxed Matter Shield? I missed just one last blueprint and I want to have all the components ready when I do obtain it. Appreciated.

12. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    They appear (from my experience) randomly at high level stations. I usually get mine from the Pan system and various Vossk systems.

13. zI Veo Iz

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Can someone tell me where to get one of the hidden systems? I got Y'mirr, Pan, and Suteo.

14. tonyatf

tonyatf Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Cambridge

here ya go

15. karadesil

karadesil New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Where can I find the coordinates for the N'imrodd? I know someone asked before, and I know someone posted the system they thought it was in (eanya), but i have searched eanya like twice, and I cannot find the coordinates anywhere. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

16. Alienmario

Alienmario Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    gaming! lol
    idk udk
    ..look for pirate stations

17. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    80t Hypanium
    75t Electronics
    20t Mechanical supplies
    65t Nanotech
    80t microchips

18. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    Funny. I'm having the same problem. I've checked the lounges at all the station multiple times.

19. zI Veo Iz

Nov 28, 2009
    Texas
    Thanks alot.

20. Andiron

Andiron Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2010
    I agree with bManic's assessment of GoF2 but would like to offer some explanation as to why.

First of all GoF2 is a very good game. I have played the game for over 20 hours and haven't even gotten very far into the main storyline yet and I'm STILL not done playing yet. The fact I stopped playing the main storyline quests to do trading and other stuff for a while is a strong indicator that I'm really enjoying the game a LOT. :D

It oozes quality in all aspects and to me it comes so close to being a PC or console level of experience that I find myself judging it as if it were a PC or console game. I think that says something about the quality of the game if people like me and bManic are simply wondering why Fishlabs didn't add certain items that really would have made it almost like a PC or console game? Items like throttle control, an improved flight model, and a little more believable and more interesting game universe (such as moving asteroid fields away from the space stations and making the systems a little more unique), and other similar changes?

Ultimately, I think what I'm trying to say is that the GoF2 experience is so close to a PC or console like game that its hard for me to judge it as just another iOS game and it means that it perhaps gets criticized a bit unfairly. I still rated the game a 5 because it is a stellar experience, but I think it opens the door (or opens it even more) to allowing deeper and non-casual types of games to co-exist on iOS devices along with the more casual ones that we are more used to.

On a related note but tangential to this thread, am I the only one starting to get tired of the attitude of some people in these forums that seem to think that all games on an iOS device can only be for casual players? I disagree with the notion that all iPhone/iPod games should be of short duration, limited complexity, and only suitable for "casual" play and hope to see that attitude start to go away.

And yes, I know my iPhone 4 isn't a PSP or a DS, but I still think that there is plenty of room on the iDevices for games that are deeper than typical casual play and I disagree with the notion that ALL iOS games must satisfy the needs of being only for casual or quick pickup and play type experiences.

Really not trying to be a troll with my comments - if anything I firmly believe that the faults I find with GoF2 are actually comments on just how good of a game it is and when I start making the obvious comparisons to similar PC or consoel games it makes me kind of sad that it could have been an even better experience.

Anyway - I would like to congratule Fishlabs for a truly awesome game and hope that they have enough success to take GoF3 to more of a PC or console level of experience and quality.