Old School 2D Platformer [Programmer Needed]

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Fruit Player, Oct 20, 2011.

1. Fruit Player

Fruit Player Member

Oct 20, 2011
    #1 Fruit Player, Oct 20, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    I got this game idea stuck in my mind, have you heard Angry Birds is the new Pac-Man. Well I believe I got the next Mario Bros. My game is called Super Steve and it not only have some hype already (which is great for a garage game), but it features a completely new way to play this games on Touch Devices something that I feel will change this types of games for the years to come.
    For samples of my work you can go to my site HERE
    And for more about my game you can read the FAQ HERE

If you are interested you can MAIL ME so we can discuss things further. Only profit share.

[​IMG]

Oh, two things: The game will need a Obj C programmer (No matter what engine if any, I'm assuming Box2D might come in handy), but no Torque or Unity developers, thanks. And if you want my art services I believe you can go to a thread below talking about that, here's about Super Steve.

2. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
  3. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    in his defense, he's had the "Steve" character games fora couple of years now, and it looks like this particular one's been milling about for some time as well..

4. DJMoya

DJMoya Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2011
    Arcade Attendant
    Albuquerque New Mexico
  5. Fruit Player

Fruit Player Member

Oct 20, 2011
    #5 Fruit Player, Oct 28, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    Yeah I lost so many time trying to do some coding, reading and testing. And don't make me strt talking about Game Salad.
    And it isn't like I never received answers, I join with a programmer for Ninja Steve, but I didn't end up too happy with (dunno if was his skills or the Unity engine) the game. Two others approach but sadly lack the experience to deliver. And some others end up being smoke and dust. Before Ninja Steve some others didn't join me because they thought the game face a risky approval, which Ninja. Steve proved wrong. So I'll be here developing the game in my mind until I find a partner to team up.
    Super Steve is only the tip of the iceberg, I have so many surprises line up for this game.

6. Fruit Player

Fruit Player Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I've been trying to make this game since last year. So actually is the opposite. When the Real Steve died I thought it was too late, and I should kill my project and move on. But after some meditation I conclude that this game is the best tribute I could make.