Aralon Valamer's Keep Map

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Paradiso, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Here's the map I made for Valamer's Keep.

[​IMG]

The first area is a big square, with two levels. The lower area is full of baddies, with a door opposite the entrance. Find the Gatekeeper to get the key.

[​IMG]

Once inside the Keep, you can either head to the dungeons and rescue Gorak or head up to kill Valamer. I went to the dungeons first.

[​IMG]

This area can be intimidating at first, but from a birds eye view its not so bad. Gorak is in the cell, which you need a cell key to open.

[​IMG]

Head up to level 2 of the keep and face Valamer. Good luck!

2. triggywiggy

triggywiggy Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Freelance writer, Student, Casually employed in re
    Perth, Western Australia
    Can you put these in the Aralon help thread instead of making a new thread everytime you want to show us one of your bad drawn maps. Try using a better art system for your pc.

3. Planetshooter

Planetshooter Well-Known Member

Ok, my opinion - These maps need their own threads because they would get lost in the main help thread. The same with the quest guide thread, it needs to be on its own. Maybe Aralon itself needs its own thread folder under the General Game and Discussion folder because it is generating so much interest and unique threads.

As for the map quality, I think it is fine. As long as the map is correct, who really cares how it was drawn?

4. red12355

red12355 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Yeah the maps are fine.

Good job, OP.

5. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah nice job on the maps. Maps don't have to be awesome quality as long as you can understand them.

6. bigred447uk

bigred447uk Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    +1 to not being snobbish about maps and also not being snobbish about threads. Thanks for the maps mate. I appreciate allyour help !

7. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Wow. Thanks for being an a$$hole. If I ever make it that far in Aralon I'm gonna remember this thread.

8. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    thats not very nice.... its pretty cool he took the time to make a map for other people. hell we didn't even make a map for that place! :p

9. swishinj

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I wish you make a map for the calleheim sewers!

10. Paradiso

Just trying to help :)

I'll admit the quality isnt the best, but I made these freehand on my iPad, as I've been in Chicago without a computer.

I had fun making them though! I went to the area in game, and hand drew the map on paper as I went through. Then I took a picture of the map with my phone and sent it to my iPad, and used SketchBook Pro to add a layer over the pic and traced it.

I'll do callaheim sewers next :)

11. swishinj

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Yay! Go Indiana!!!!

12. calhal

calhal New Member

Dec 30, 2010
    #12 calhal, Jan 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    Don't complain unless you're going to provide something better. That being said, it would be nice if someone took the entire help thread and actually made a guide for the game (similar to what is in wikia or IGN). For now though, these threads are better than nothing.

I haven't seen anyone mention the bug where health won't replenish while your sword is drawn. It's quite annoying, since that's when you need it.

13. Paradiso

I actually started a guide on here, where users pm me a walkthrough to a quest, and I add em in. I only had one person pm me though, so well see how far that goes.

I don't think thats a bug actually, health isn't supposed to replenish while your in combat, that would pretty much defeat the purpose of potions.

14. Yuri

Yuri New Member

Dec 17, 2012
    Dungeon

Hi! I've found the dungeon and the 4 keys but I haven't find Gorak in there. CAN you givre me more details on his emplacement? Moreover, I haven't see any cell, just the lava and the emplacement of the chest which contains the keys.
    By the way, thanks Paradiso for your maps it's a big help :)

15. Jet123

Jet123 Member

Jun 9, 2013
    Exacly, thx, i used ur maps twice, in valemar and in temple of azra, i couldnt do beter myself