iPhone Go Go Redball

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by n8o, Oct 7, 2012.

1. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Founder, designer, developer, dad.
    Canada
    #1 n8o, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    You toss a red rubber ball around the screen. It bounces with a satisfying bop. Simple and beautiful.

Landing Tomorrow, November 29

The new trailer:

It's a really simple game: there are a few rooms to bounce the ball in, each offers a unique mini-game and a different colored ball. In some the ball bounces with a different sound, as it would in reality (sounds were hand recorded using dozens of different rubber balls on several different surfaces).

That simplicity is the heart of Go Go Redball. Bouncing a ball is soothing and relaxing, allowing the mind to wander. As it does, creativity takes over. It's a great way to relive stress or solve nagging problems.

This game is easy to pick up but not difficult to master; in fact, you probably mastered it years ago, in your youth, when life itself was simpler.

Orange room:
    [​IMG]

Menu, normally out of sight:
    [​IMG]

Very short gameplay video:
    You can see what the game looks like the first time it's launched, a few bits of the first mini-game (cut out so the solution isn't spoiled).

More preview videos below.

Go Go Redball for iPad is a port of my Dashboard widget for OS X. It was fairly popular for a while; that version has been downloaded over a million times, and appeared in a few Apple-centric places such as blogs, and even on stage during a WWDC keynote. It's rated 4.6 stars on dashboardwidgets.com.

Development is nearing completion and I expect the first release by the end of the year. I don't know if this game is too casual for the Touch Arcade crowd, but I'm interested in all feedback.

Follow development:
    Either in this thread, on facebook or twitter.

2. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Canada
    #2 n8o, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    Dev Preview #2

Here's a preview of the green ball's room. Sports-car inspired, the minigame here is to get as many bounces as possible before the red light.

Follow development in this thread, on facebook or twitter. I'm open to any questions.

Also, I'll be doing more beta testing soon, let me know if you're interested.

3. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Canada
    Dev preview video #3, featuring severe weather. The yellow ball is the sun, trying to keep the center of the screen clear of clouds which appear in different formations, increasingly quickly.

4. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Canada
    Dev Preview Video #4

This is, in my opinion, the most relaxing and chill room in the game. Suitable, since this is the 60s and 70s inspired room, featuring orange shag carpet on the walls. Notice that the bounce sound is softened; all ball sound effects in the game were custom recorded, this one was bounced off a real shag carpet.

Groovy.

5. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Canada
    Hey kingsley, thanks for sharing that. That's a great quote - definitely describes what I'm trying to do with the iPad version of the app :)

6. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Canada
    #6 n8o, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  7. n8o

n8o Active Member

Aug 23, 2010
    Canada
    #7 n8o, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
    Tomorrow is launch day!

Reward your lurking in this thread by using one of these three promo codes: Gone

Thanks for your support!

8. enelya

enelya Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    It looks beautiful on my iPad, thank you so much for the promotion!