The Steam Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by crex, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #821 Cilo, Jul 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
    This is my first experience on Steam and I love it. Was enticed to buy Xcom and all the DLC for $12.79. Been playing it on my iMac and now I know why so many people were let down with the iOS ports, the graphics on the computer version are awesome. I love all the little details in the environments.

Anyway if anyone wants to add me, which I'm not even sure how it works, my username is Cilo, and my url is id/ciloTA

And if you have any Mac only recommendations let me know - so far I might check out Lord of the Rings Online, and Dungeons & Dragons Online since they are free to play, however I don't have high hopes for either.

2. Joltrabbit

Joltrabbit Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2012
    I bought stacks of games this sale, many just to build a PC library on steam of stuff I already had on console.

User name: Twitchy Corpse

3. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Max Payne 3. Probably the most cinematic game I've played, next to FEAR 1. Complete and utter steal at $10.

4. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    #824 Joltrabbit, Jul 22, 2013
    My absolute insanity is officially over: $245 for 45 games; 5 of those (Defiance, Tomb Raider, Dishonored, Borderlands 2 and X-Com) were $80 of that with all their single-player DLC included.

So if you do the math that's $4 on average for everything else from Max Payne 3 to Bastion.

Before anyone gives me crap on Defiance note I've already logged 11 hours on it. It's a fun shooter (even if it doesn't feel much like an Mmo).

Needless to say - my gaming library is set lol. I think before this I had bought a grand total of 6 AAA games since Resident Evil 4 in 2004 and just lost my mind this sale catching up.

So yeah, I may have some cards left...

5. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Managed to ignore most of the sale, in the name of my PS4 savings. I took the liberty of demoing a few games I liked the look of, and it helped me to avoid some transactions I may have regretted.

All I bought was Worms Revolution and Frozen Synapse (again). Solid purchases. Strategy seems to be my go-to genre on PC these days.

6. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #826 dclose, Jul 22, 2013
    Primordia never did get featured, sigh. The lack of adventure games this time around positively sucked! I did decide to snag "The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom"--the pie is not a lie! :)

^^^My hubby, for anyone wondering. We share the same Steam account right now as we often either play games together or just alternate.

7. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    That'll defiantly last you for a while. Were you serious about having cards to spare? I wouldn't mind completing my summer badge. Afraid I wouldn't have much to trade back, though.

8. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Fared pretty well this time, thanks to selling all those trading cards. ;)

I did trade enough to get FTL badge level 2, but didn't bother with anything else.

Last purchase until this morning was Magical Drop V (4-player!) - just got Retro City Rampage and the Railworks GP-9 pack (which I would have bought last sale, but it got pulled from Steam for a bit to update for RW3, got it at 60% off instead of 50% so I guess the wait was worth it.)

Fallout New Vegas didn't show up as 75% again in the encore, so I got Monaco instead - spent the few extra bucks to get it DRM free from their website + Steam copy.

Now I just need time to play...

9. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    I have one Football Manager and two Skyrim cards left. I was going to wait for prices to break $1 or 2 before selling but I can pass them out here.

10. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I'm saving a full set (enough to get level 5 badge) for later. Might be worth something one day.

As far as games go, I've bought... A lot. Now if only I had the time to play them all..... :(

11. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Already made my badge with a set of 10. And omg I won't have the the time to play half of these by next years steam sale.

I can say that I was happy to get half of my games as part of bundles and $2.99 sales. That means I treat them as red box rentals and long-term demos.

I mean Fallout 1, 2, tactics/ Deus ex 1, 2/ max Payne 1, 2/FTL/ Company of Heroes/ Bastion/ System Shock 2 /Just Cause 2 combined cost me $21 total. If I play them 30-45 minutes each they're worth owning at that price.

12. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    @Joltrarabbit - and those are all great games, too!

If JC2 isn't insane enough for ya, be sure to check out the (almost complete) Mulitplayer Beta!

13. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    Just cause two plays like a vicious Spiderman game That Marvel doesn't have the balls to make.

The grappling hook parachute combo is just nuts to play with

14. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    It's a bit surprising, but I spent a grand total of roughly $5 on this (plus a bit more from selling cards). I also dropped the same on the Spiderweb Bundle during the sale, but that doesn't count. I'm pretty happy with this. :x

15. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    I got burnt for sure! Bought Super Meat Boy for like 15 bucks and never could get it installed and nobody at Steam would help me deal with it, so I ended up just eating it. That sucked.

16. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Try contacting Team Meat!

17. Joltrabbit

Jul 5, 2012
    In the hours until Shadowrun Returns unlocks, Trine 1 + 2 is $3.74.

18. Red1

Red1 Moderator

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Anyone playing Prison Architect? Grabbed it in the sale.

19. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Nah, but I watched a Let's Look At of it from my favorite YouTuber, Northernlion. It didn't look like my kind of game at all, and I can't believe its regular price is $30, but I guess there is a market for that type of game?

20. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    I got it and sunk about 15 hours into it. For me the game opens up when you give yourself a few million moneys and are allowed to free-build the way you like.

It's got a high price while it's in Alpha/Beta to discourage mass-purchasing by people who don't understand they are buying an unfinished product and to increase the quality of feedback.