iPad Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 3, 2011.

1. chaotixzero

chaotixzero Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Thanks for the tip and the patients lol. Do u have any tips i have been playing for about 4 hours nd i have remza at lvl 5 and everyone else at lvl 3 i feel bad for myself lol but yeah i just finished the fitst dorter fight ( dont no if there are anymore to come during the story) and i really want to get everyone up to lvl 10 befor the next fight. I also have decided how im gonna build my characters througout the game in case u need to know that.

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, finished it for the first time last night, and this is easily one of the best games I've ever played. Some of the actual gameplay mechanics I think are a bit archaic, but the story -- wow!

Starting a new game today. :D

3. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    Signs of a great game right there.

4. chaotixzero

chaotixzero Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Can someone Please answer my question?

5. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, at that early stage in the game, you only have two areas where you can grind. So...get to grinding. There's no other real advice to offer. Try to keep everyone either a squire and/or a chemist until everyone has focus, JP boost, and auto-potion (though auto-potion for everyone isn't completely necessary). With focus, you can wipe out all of the monsters except one on a single battlefield, and then surround the monster; at that point, just keep casting focus and stay healed until you feel you've earned enough JP to get the abilities you want. I wouldn't concern myself too much with your actual character levels so much as the abilities you have. When you're ready to move on to the Dorter Slums, I recommend a knight or two and at least two characters with auto-potion. Follow Delita and Argath along their path and keep them healed, simply because they're useful during the battle.

6. chaotixzero

chaotixzero Member

Jul 9, 2012
    Ok thanks for the help I will try that now

7. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    So I finally want to dive into this game but I'm not sure what platform. I have an iPad 2, iPhone 4S and PSP but I"ve heard negatives for all of them. Anybody have any advice on which platform would provide the best experience? I am leaning iPad, but I remember some anger regarding that version so I'm not sure if I should go iPad or PSP. I know this is the iPhone thread, but I figure I'd have more of a response here.

8. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The iPad version is just a blown up version of the iPhone version. I recall some users saying that there was no visible difference between the iPhone version at 2x and the iPad version.

I went with the iPhone version so I could have it on both my iPhone and iPad.

FFT has always had issue with slowdowns during specials in all versions but it was fixed in the iOS version which makes it the most playable version to date, there was also talk of new retina art (that art would take a lot of time but there is no gauruntee of it happening)

9. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Can anybody confirm the iPad version vs the iPhone version x2? No way I'm spending more $$ and limiting my platform if there isn't an improvement in the look and feel of the iPad specific version.

10. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Check the AppStore reviews of the HD version if no one can confirm (I don't plan on buying the iPad version to test it ;)). There are lots of one star reviews complaining that the graphics are identical to iPhone at 2x

11. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    If you have custom firmware installed on your PSP, I recommend that version, as there's a patch that makes it the best-running and most comprehensive version. But really, it's worth playing on any system.

12. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I have the PSOne classic version on my PSP and its quite playable, there are ocational slowdowns but nothing too serious. And yes, like GeekyDad said it is a wonderful game worthy of experiencing on any platform, so pick whats more convenient to you and enjoy.

13. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    I can confirm that is no difference between the two. Buying the iPad version when I already had the iPhone version was a big mistake. I would of got more for money money if I just burned it for warmth.

14. jimmycarte

jimmycarte Active Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Dark knight is here!!

Whoopy! ;) Here's the dark knight footage dude! I have confirmed that this class is available on IPAD

To have this job you need:
    Mastered Knight
    Mastered Black Mage
    Lv.8 Geomancer
    Lv.8 Samurai
    Lv.8 Ninja
    Lv.8 Dragoon

review

15. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Yeah, I made Ramza a dark knight on my first playthrough, but I can't say it was worth the trouble.

16. Vox165

Vox165 Member

Jul 31, 2012
    Man this game drains my iphone 4s battery super fast. I go from 100% to 74% in about 40 mines lol. is this normal?

17. CoreyB

CoreyB Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2011
    Aircraft Mechanic
    Chicago, IL
    Why do you say that. I was thinking about getting back into this game, I deleted it to make room twewy. Is the game worth it in your option?

18. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    The game is absolutely worth it -- easily one of the best games I've played in my 35 years of daily gaming. The dark-knight job, though -- it's cool, but man, you have to grind a lot of skill points to level up all the other requisite jobs to unlock dark knight, and honestly, the abilities and power aren't as good as Cid's, as far as I can tell. I mean, I'm glad I did it just to see what it was all about -- and it was my first playthrough, so I didn't mind -- but I won't bother with it in future playthroughs. Been working toward the arithmetician for Ramza this time around.

In any case, if you haven't played this game, it's a must-buy, no bones about it.

19. Nemer

Nemer Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    College/Part job
    Far far away
    I played PSP version few years ago but as i remember you were done with the game long before DK was available. Unless you chose to grind a lot.

20. GeekyDad

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    I got Ramza up to dk right around the beginning of the fourth chapter, but then, I did spend a good time grinding. To be fair, it was still fun because you were still unlocking a lot of cool abilities. But it all depends on how you pace yourself, I guess.