Universal Pocket Planes by NimbleBit - Join Flight Crew #TouchArcade

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 13, 2012.

1. I love the fact people in this forum are starting to do crazy things like this and sending blimps on long flights now whilst waiting for an update

2. CastlePage

CastlePage Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    #7702 CastlePage, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    coastcat:
    - that's what I've been doing. randomly tapping on one to unload all.
    - there are a couple of ways in Tiny Tower to get to the top. like you said, tap on the number of levels. tap on the zoom too ... when you get out of zoom mode you're still at the top.
    - it's been wonderful meeting you on the leaderboard in the last few events. Good company :) But at the end, you always managed to make it into the top 10 while I'm somewhere in the teens :p I don't mind not in the top 10. It's the fun of seeing friends (rather than a bunch of numbers).

LOL 325m coins! I barely have 2m coins. Now looking at 2.1m planeslot.
    BTW, Vic, you have more plane slots than I have levels :p Currently at level 30. I'm hearing the lvl 3x boredom but so far, I'm still chasing coins and plane slots.
    Edit: Love to see how you keep all 42 planes in the air. Blimps not counted.

Hoggy: I sent first blimp (from first mystery parts) on a 2 day trip which just ended. I was planning a long west-east trip, so initially started at chicago. Made the 21min trip to New York only to realize it cannot cross the atlantic to London. The blimp ended up traversing Tokyo, Seoul and Beijing because I had no other nearer city than Tehran LOL. ;)

3. Bluebear88

Bluebear88 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2012
    What if we could select a "priority city" and doing so would rearrange the jobs list, placing your "priority city's" jobs at the top and the remaining jobs could still be based on distance? You could change the city once a day or more if you pay a few bux. That would save some scrolling but not make things too easy.

4. Sometime in September, I sent one out until Christmas day:p

5. {:L.S:}

{:L.S:} Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I don't know if this has been mentioned but I've just spotted on Ian's twitter that the update will be out Thursday! :D

6. KitFisto22

KitFisto22 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Seriously? I woke up and Dhaka and Jakarta are closed due to Tropical Storms. For God's sake! I have two Aeroeagles and my Sequoia in those cities! Coastcat, I feel your pain.

7. Teodor2004

Teodor2004 Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    I just took a 12 hour brake from the game and lost the top 10 position.
    Im on 11th place, only 99 jobs behind you with 6H, 38M to go of the event.

8. Stickrobot01

Stickrobot01 New Member

Jun 20, 2012
    What I did for the event was I bought several Mohawks, upgraded their range, speed and decreases their weight. Then I sent them across the Atlantic from London-Reykjavik-Nuuk-Goose Bay-Ottawa and back to London.

It takes 43 min. for each flight, and I have 4 mohawks which means 12 jobs per 43 minutes or so. (pretty reasonable I guess??)

It works great for those who aren't really high level and have alot of money and bux (at least for me)

9. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    They shut down Chicago a while ago. I am running feeder areoeagles between Chicago and NY, so the Chicago shut down not only froze my Chicago plane, but indirectly also New York, because now i'm forced to wait for job refresh to fill my planes.

I looked at the bitbook to see if the bitizens were upset over the airport closures. Turns out that they're more interested in whether they can get their prize pumpkins up the plane (through security) and "crossing my fingers that my phone's battery lasts all the way to Chicago". Nobody complained about sitting in the plane stuck in the snowstorm. LOL

10. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    ooh :eek: I never explore that route. I didn't even think about it !

Add my GC: CastlePage. I'll send you a couple of sequoias (courtesy of Teodor2004) that can fly London - NY/Chicago direct.

11. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    #7711 Teodor2004, Oct 10, 2012
    Wow. Thats a long way to fly. I cant tell you how many jobs i do in 43 minutes because Castlepage might be watching, but i have kangoroos running from Chicago and NY to Ottawa and Sequoias from Europe, Africa and America. Add Teodor2004 on GC. I have a couple planes to send your way.

I use Sequoia m, Aeroeagle m and Kangoroo m in my fleet with Pearjets p and c in my hangar as backup.

Good to see you pass them along to other players that need it.

Edit: Hope they dont close Buenos Aires. Its starting to get foggy outside.

Edit: Offcourse, They closed it, and now its getting rainy in Rio.. Is it a new storm on the way?

12. mqcarpenter

mqcarpenter Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Well I am the latest victim. Even with icloud back up on my game is toast. I tried resyncing multiple times. In my case, pocket planes disappeared altogether! I could not even find it on the phone and reinstalled. Level 34 and now square one. I am debating on whether to restart or move on. Very disappointing because the Ottawa gig snagged me two mystery parts, which was extremely rare and exciting. Both were blimp parts so I might have ended up with all three after the contest. Oh well.

If you are interested in throwing old planes in your hangar to me I would appreciate it. My username is mqcarpenter. It may help me decide whether I get going again. Thanks

13. Teodor2004

Sep 16, 2012
    Norway
    #7713 Teodor2004, Oct 10, 2012
    I added you. I can send you class 1 and 2 planes so you can get started again.

Edit: Just sent you alot of parts. I dont know what parts i sent so if you are missing something just let me know.

14. Jonesy0329

Jonesy0329 Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Alabama
    #7714 Jonesy0329, Oct 10, 2012
    I ended up closing Ottawa. Today is my wife's birthday and it was too tempting to keep playing rather than spend time with her :rolleyes:

Anyhow, to everyone that passes me on the leaderboard, WAY TO GO! I know I chalked up quite a lead there for a while, however I suspect MonsterNorth decided to put his phone in airplane mode and update this morning :cool:

Good luck everybody, I hope the next event is as worthwhile as this one, however, I doubt it.

15. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Haha. I don't hide in airplane mode unless I am on an actual airplane! Also, I passed you last night before I went to sleep. :p

Have fun today!

16. Slightlynorth

Slightlynorth Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    You know you are addicted to this game when the level up popup gets in your way of trying to quickly load up your planes with non-layovers before they reset.

17. mqcarpenter

mqcarpenter Member

Jul 12, 2012
    Thank you to you and the others that sent parts! I can not send a message in gamecenter so I will post it here. Now I just have to get the bux to build them, lol. I forgot how tedious the beginning of the game was. Brutal!

18. CastlePage

Sep 28, 2012
    #7718 CastlePage, Oct 10, 2012
    Nice suggestion. And while we're at suggestion, how about this:
    1. In the world map when we're setting the plane's route, can Nimblebit color the current plane a different color from white (e.g. blue or something). Say in this chicago/ny/ottawa submap, I had so many white planes I couldn't figure out which is the current one I'm looking at.
    2. Allow us to send multiple parts at a single time. My problem is I forget which parts I have gifted.

Grats, now you're well in the lead. It's the 3rd global event where I'm inches from the top 10. LOL

CastlePage IS watching with 1 hr 37 mins left to go. I don't need to know how many jobs in 43 mins. Just how many mohawks and roos and other class 1 planes. LOL

I wonder when the leaderboard stop updating. There was one event into which despite my efforts, the last hour or so's flights weren't registered :(

Edit: The flight leaderboard really is NOT updating !!! I know the planes reached because the mystery parts reached.

Edit 2: After some 40min, the leaderboard finally updated.

Edit: Of course Buenos Aires had to close. With the track record of PP, how could they resist closing down one of your major airports.

It's tough getting bux AND coins in the beginning.

I started PP in several places. Asia is the easiest I think. If I rmb correctly, I closed one of the class 1 airports to buy a class 2 airport at the beginning (so I could get more traffic). I bought a red city as fast as I could. I also rmb watching the plane fly and catching coins and bux. Coins come faster when the plane's nose is facing <<<.

I think I set you a full blimp (in case you don't get one), couple of mohawks and a sequoia. Think ... because I cannot rmb what part I actually sent (horrified at my extremely short term memory). If there's some parts missing/duplicate pls let me know and I'll resend. When you have more bux, I'll send you a couple more sequoias.

19. Train2000

Train2000 Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Last six global events

Part+Bux
    Part+Bux
    Part+Bux
    Bux
    Part+Bux
    Blimp+Bux

Much better than 3 Bux events in a row...that being said, how about a crack at the three air crafts we haven't seen yet?!? It's crazy that we are close to an update that should include new planes and we still haven't seen all the current planes. :(

20. Faye Valentine

Faye Valentine Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2012
    #7720 Faye Valentine, Oct 10, 2012
    It's been fun watching familiar names on the leaderboard, much more interesting than anonymous numbers ... although I'm still curious who #8 is.

Less than 10 minutes left on the clock for Ottawa .. not sure if my planes landing in a few minutes will register, but either way it doesn't change my ranking.

1. 7957 (north)
    2. 6833 (vic)
    3. 6485 (nokitano)
    4. 5731 (jonesy)
    5. 5649 (kenny)
    6. 5464 (exitar)
    7. 5248 (faye)
    8. 4636 ?????
    9. 4214 (coastcat)
    10. 4011 (teodor)

Next event:
    Music Festival in Bourdeaux ..... ooooh, now's my chance to stock up on wine :D