TOWERS: Hardcore dodging action!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RevolvingDoor, Mar 25, 2012.

1. RevolvingDoor

RevolvingDoor Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    #1 RevolvingDoor, Mar 25, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
    This thread has been updated with all new info and a gameplay video! Scroll down below to check it out.

What is Towers? It's a retro bullet-hell-inspired game with a few interesting twists! Make your way up the Towers, dodging bullets, lasers, blades, vicious plants, falling crystals and more! Use the Shield button to protect your character and absorb mana, the Blast button to destroy hazards, or the Reverse button to transform every bullet on screen into life!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

But wait, there's more! Every attempt nets you EXP points, which can be used to purchase a variety of Perks -- anything from making your Blast much more powerful to using your Shield to absorb additional mana!

[​IMG]

Towers was created by a small team (programming was done by Lightworx, http://lightworx.eu/) and is a true labor of love. As a new indie dev, I would love to hear some feedback... I would love it even more if I could get in touch with anybody interested in reviewing this game or blogging about it. Please feel free to PM me or write emails directly to [email protected]!

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    I'm very intrigued !
    Like the pixel-style and the rich colors, specially on picture 3 (=level 3 ?)
    How many levels ? Price ? Forget it - I'll buy it anyways.
    Judging from the last picture - IAP's ?
    I really don't care about them as long as i'm able to reach the goal
    with a "good ol' days" normal and skilled gameplay.
    Good luck !

3. RevolvingDoor

Dec 13, 2009
    Thanks for the feedback! 4 "main" levels are accessible at the start of the game, with 8 "challenge" levels that can be unlocked by progressing through the game. There is no IAP planned at this time, all of the Perks can be unlocked with in-game progression as well.

Stay tuned, we should have a gameplay video up in a few days!

4. RevolvingDoor

Dec 13, 2009
    #4 RevolvingDoor, Mar 29, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
    Sneak peek at Towers gameplay

Towers is going to feature two modes of play: Casual and Hardcore. Casual is designed to challenge the casual touch gamer, and Hardcore is designed to be an intense test of skill and reflexes even for seasoned veterans!

You can see a bit of gameplay on Hardcore mode below.

[hqyoutube]C6Jufe24LwI[/hqyoutube]

5. RevolvingDoor

Dec 13, 2009
    #5 RevolvingDoor, Apr 6, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
    Towers has now been submitted to Apple! Hopefully we'll have a concrete release date in about a week. For now, here's a new video and a full feature list.

We received a great preview from iFanzine, as well! http://ifanzine.com/towers-preview/

[hqyoutube]-clmDTn3ocY[/hqyoutube]

FEATURES:

-Easy to learn, difficult to master
    -Two control settings: buttons and accelerometer
    -Casual and Hardcore mode. Hardcore mode is designed as a grueling test of skill and reflexes for a seasoned gamer!
    -4 Main Towers
    -8 Challenge levels to unlock through gameplay
    -15 Perks to earn
    -Game Center support with achievements and leaderboards

We strive to improve our game with input from the community. Any player's input will be seriously considered, and many ideas will be implemented into design of new levels. I hope to hold a design contest here on the Touch Arcade forums, as well!

We're still very interested in spreading the word about the game -- if you are affiliated with any mobile gaming publication that may be interested in writing about Towers, please don't hesitate to send me a PM.

Happy gaming!

6. TinkyWinky

TinkyWinky Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    BBC Studio
    This looks different and interesting.

7. big-boys-gadget-toys

big-boys-gadget-toys Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    looks good

looks good looks very hard tho i think might be one of those thrust rating games but keeps bringing you back for more. god luck with this one

8. RevolvingDoor

Dec 13, 2009
    Thanks for the great feedback, everyone! The distortion in the sound effects is an unfortunate side effect of how the videos were recorded. There is no distortion while playing on any of the iDevices.

9. RevolvingDoor

Dec 13, 2009