iOS 7.1 Broke Some Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by oldsnake, Mar 12, 2014.

1. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #1 oldsnake, Mar 12, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
    As you know,after every Major OS Update,New features comes for your device, but, from the point of view of iOS games, it often happens that after a major update, some game does not work anymore,their incompatibility with the new OS, and I often see games even no more running after switching from iOS 6,to iOS 7, and unfortunately, many developers do not have update games for iOS 7, but the problem is not because many of them have not yet updated, but cause probably they will not be ever updates, even though they are on the App Store at full price, and the same developers know the situation..this thread is to report any problems encountered after update to iOS 7.1, the games that doesn't work anymore, so we can report the situation to the developers, in short,and every developer is invited here to speak for himself,of they're games for iOS 7,eventually..

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sonic the hedhehog episode 4 part 2

3. Anonomation

Driver (gameloft)

4. miroa

miroa Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    Card City Nights

5. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    @Anonomation,@Miroa: they crash after launch(unplayable) or they have some crash here and there?

6. GuyOnDrugs (GOD)

GuyOnDrugs (GOD) Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2013
    I don't know, works perfectly fine on iOS 7 for me...

7. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I talk about after update to iOS 7.1,from iOS 7x to iOS 7.1..
    I update The thread after every new OS major update..

8. Anonomation

I little of both.

9. Anonomation

I think backstab crashes on ios 7.

10. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yeah,The problem is,apart developers that don't fix this,but when they fix they're games,then Apple came out with another Major OS update that broke games again! Now we have iOS 7.1,then? Maybe 7.2 as a major update,or iOS 8,and The games still need another update from developers..

11. Freeway82

Freeway82 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    It is appalling, criminal and downright wicked that gameloft has refused to update Asphalt 6 for iPad since iOS 6.

A game bought at full price but cannot be played and the game is still sitting there on the appstore without being removed for deception.

Gameloft is just terrible.

12. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    Yep,remind me when Gameloft with GANGSTAR:MIAMI VINDICATION after a major update,iOS 4.3,never worked anymore,they take 8 Months for update it,after millions 1 star bad reviews...ROCKSTAR GAMES had instead take out GTA:CW from The store,update it for iOS 7,then put again in The store,it's an example on how this should work!

13. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    After every major update of The OS,sometime,it's better delete game that doesn't work,then reinsalled,just to be sure..

14. Jorlen

Jorlen Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    IT
    Canada
    #14 Jorlen, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    Yep, gameloft don't update their old games like Dungeon Hunter 2, which they still sell for full price and hasn't been updated in years.

What they don't realize is that they are shooting themselves in the foot. If people buy the games now, they don't work, so they get a bad name. Plus, I don't buy any of their games anymore because they don't update my favorites, so yeah. Lose/lose situation for them; all they'd have to do is fix the issues with new IOS versions, not looking for new content here; how difficult can that be for a company as big as them?

Unfortunately, some games we get attached to are simply abandoned and the devs will never update them, which is a shame. It's unavoidable though, unless apple would implement some sort of compatibility mode, but they won't for fear of exploits.

Apple are choosing to turn a blind eye though, and I don't really agree with this. They should find a way to warn people of incompatible apps somehow, or take the games down until the developer updates. Of course, the issue is how do they know the apps are problematic for IOS version X? Still, with no easy refund option, it seems like they just couldn't be bothered, which is a shame.

15. oldsnake

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    #15 oldsnake, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
    I think The best solution,for us,if Apple force the devs to update games not compatible with new OS,or,with latest devices(still AAA title on my device never optimized for iphone 5/5C/5/S widescreen)if they don't do it,Apple take out from App store Apps not update for newer OS,put a Warning to' The devs,that until they not update them,they're out from The store..we talking about big developers,not small indie devs,also,The thing it's inverted,with small team that update frequently they're games,while big devs update they're game at last 1 time at year,it's unacceptable!