Lost Edge progress randomly

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by wootbean, Jun 25, 2009.

1. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    so I just installed the Edge update and played level 44. I quit the app to do other stuff, cameback and launched Edge again, and bam, it erased all my saved data and I lost all my scores and have to start over.
    Didthis happen to anyone else?

2. cheezeburger69

cheezeburger69 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Target Cart Attendant
    Dirty Stallis
    Yep it happened to me, i had A's in the first 40 levels

3. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    I had S/S+'s forthe first 30 :(
    Oh well, I got a reason to play Edge again. :)

4. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Same here, played 1 new level and then quit. Looks like it wipes your file on exit, WTF Mobigame!

...I still might replay it. Maybe I'll wait for the next update or two to restart if you have to collect all the shineys again to get to the new levels.

Edit - Idea! I'll have Kevin do it for me, he hasn't played through it at all yet :D

5. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    Hi guys

I did not know about this bug, really sorry
    maybe it is because you are quitting the game while it is saving your progress (just after you beat a level, and before the debrief screen). There is a way to do that properly on the iPhone, I will investigate.

6. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    Thanks for noticing the thread ^^ Love the game of course, it was the first thing I got for my 3GS. Here's what happened to me in detail, if it helps.

- DL'd update
    - Start. Activate sound. File previously had all 43 levels finished, all prisms collected, but most were far from S ranked
    - Played level 44, all prisms collected, D or C rank, something low :p
    - Pressed the new 'Menu' button in the upper right at debrief
    - Possibly might have gone back to level select and looked around. Didn't start another level.
    - Quit via Home button

7. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    thanks

your progress from EDGE 1.1 will be updated the first time you launch EDGE 1.2. But it seems there is a little bug in this process. If you install EDGE 1.2 you will loose your progress the second time you start it. But after that all will be ok, you can play it again and you will not loose your progress

I have submitted EDGE 1.21, the bug is fixed is this version, and if you update from EDGE 1.2 or EDGE 1.1 you will not loose your progress :)

really sorry for that, I hope the review process will be faster and more efficient this time
    for new users, or users who have only EDGE 1.0 this bug does not apply. but if you already have EDGE 1.1, wait for EDGE 1.21