2D Game Artist/Cartoonist- Quality work

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by geofftoons, Sep 26, 2013.

1. geofftoons

geofftoons New Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Professional cartoonist and illustrator
    Puget Sound, WA
    Hi all,

First time posting. : )

I'm a professional cartoonist with over 23 years experience, 3 years creating art for mobile apps and games. I'm currently looking for paid work on your next game project. Unfortunately, I can't take on any profit sharing jobs at the moment.

I'm a member of the National Cartoonist's Society and Vice-Chair of the Northwest Chapter.

Please take a look at my portfolio on my website at http://www.geofftoons.com and my LinkedIn profile at http://lnkd.in/YW6xWX

In the meantime, here's a few images from games I've done the artwork for to give you some examples of my work....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please drop me a line to discuss your project or for a quote on your project. : ) Thanks!

2. xarakonline

xarakonline Member

Oct 1, 2013
    hi how much do you charge for an android game art work

3. geofftoons

geofftoons New Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Professional cartoonist and illustrator
    Puget Sound, WA
    Hi Xarakonline,

It depends on the game. I usually charge by the project, but in some cases can charge by the hour.

I've found the best way is for the client to send me a detailed asset list of everything they need, with as much information about the project as possible, available budget, deadlines, etc. I'm happy to sign an NDA if there's any sensitive information about the game. The more detailed the asset list, the more accurate I can be with my quote, etc.

At that point, if I have enough information, I'll work up a quote and send it back. Then, once we agree on a price, and I send a contract, I have the client Paypal 1/2 up front ( the client pays the paypal fees) which serves as an advance and a non-refundable kill fee if the project is cancelled through no fault of my own by the client once work has begun.

Each project is different, and other factors like deadline, complexity of artwork, and amount of work all factor into the final price, so unfortunately it's almost impossible to give a one-size-fits-all price.

Please write me and we can talk about your project some more. : )

Thanks!
    Geoff