Looking for a game.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Primoz, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    It was some simple 2D game. I forgot everything about it (name, icon, etc.). I think the art style was pixel art though, but I'm not sure. Anyway... It was a sidescroller, with like buttons on the floor. You could move only left and right and had an action button, and if you triggered a specific button on the floor another ability would replace the old one.
    Example: you had a jump ability, then you triggered a button which gave you a fight ability etc.

Help appreciated :)

2. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    If you downloaded it previously you can look under your purchases game history and might be able to find it that way.
    Do you remember anything more about the art style other than it was pixel art? Was this a traditional platformer, endless runner, or timed/puzzle?

3. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I think it was a traditional platformer.

I'm confident that there were no puzzles (or anything alike, but can't say for sure, since I didn't play the game to the end).

4. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Spellsword is a platformer with pixel graphics and spells you aquire that change abilities but I do not think that is it.

5. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah that's the vaguest description ever, I'd be amazed if you found any help with that description. Just check your purchase history and find it there

6. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #6 Primoz, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    It wasn't on my device...

Yes, I know it's a really vague description, but not many games use such mechanics. So if you played the game I'm pretty sure you'd remember it.

7. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    I've played many games with a single multi-contextual button, but I've got thousands and thousands of apps, it's difficult to narrow it down with that description. You can go onto your computer and look at your itunes purchase history though, if you have ever owned the game, it'll be on there in chronological order. I know that's likely not much help, but it's a good place to start. Good luck, if anything springs to mind, I'll report back here.

8. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #9 undeadcow, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2013
    Do you remember an approximate release timeframe?

Also, consider searching Touch Arcade for elements in your description. For example, maybe there is a list of "platformer" recommendations that will jog your memory.

9. Alfalfa

Alfalfa Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    What did the icon look like?

10. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #11 Primoz, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    The game released in 2011 or earlier. And as I said above I didn't own the game, so I can't search for it. I don't remember how the icon looked like either.

As I said before, all I remember is:
    - pixel art (I'm sure of that now)
    - two buttons one for walking left, one for right
    - a single action button which changed the function when you triggered a button on the ground
    - it was a platform/action game

Any help, any game title would be appreciated :)

11. antarchitect

antarchitect Active Member

Nov 1, 2012
    PR @ Second Fiction
    Lancaster, PA
    Was it "Random Heroes?"

12. undeadcow

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Robot Wants Kitty is a puzzle platformer where you play as a robot who runs over different abilities ("apps") that equipt him with alternating powers (i.e. he can not jump without jump app) in his quest to attain kitty. There is an action button that is de-activated until you acquire an app. RWK was popular on release (around 2011?) and developed by RaptiSoft. Is that it?

13. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    #14 Primoz, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
    No. The game had only one action button which changed your ability (like jump, attack, shield etc.) you could only have one ability at a time. This was kinda the whole twist of the game, because you had to choose wisely which ability you choose.

Undeadcow, thanks for posting about RWK. It's definitely not the game I played, but it looks great anyway... Definitely gonna download later.

14. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I think I know what game you mean. It's not pixel art, but did you mean:

Wimp: who stole my panties?
    You have different abilities that you can change by walking over buttons, like you said.

15. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    I'm pretty sure you mean pants*...

Something like that, but that game had only one button (jump was considered as an ability). And it wasn't puzzle orientated.

16. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Lol :p
    I don't call them panties myself, but I actually thought that was the name of the game.

17. McCREE

McCREE Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2010
    It started as "panties" and was changed to broaden appeal.

I like "panties" better personally.

18. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    If you know what I mean.

19. Yeah, they tend to smell more refreshing.