iPad is taking all the upcoming iPhone titles?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Guitardedgang, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Guitardedgang

Guitardedgang Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    I'm really pissed off about the iPad cause it's taking all attention.

First was Mirror's Edge (i can take it) but now Bruce Lee DW (that really pissed me off).

The iPhone for it size graphics and games price it's really fun but the iPad it's on its way to be another big uncomfortable and game price expensive portable console.

What do you think? :mad:

2. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    I'm sorry. can you explain this better? Do you mean that developers are taking titles to ipad first. If so, I think that they have a very good reason to do so. They can sell it for a better price currently and there is less competition. Soon enough when the ipad app floodgates break, I will think dual releases will be the norm.

3. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    These games are still coming out for the iPhone, so I don't know what you're complaining about.

4. Scaramoosh

Scaramoosh Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2010
    The fact they're being delayed so the Ipad can have the glory :S Pretty obvious what he/she was complaining about.

5. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Just because you don't have an iPad...

6. italodance

italodance Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    electrical
    Tehran-Iran
    #6 italodance, Apr 4, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2010
    not fair
    not fair

i want these for my iphone

someone should prevent it :(

i think in the future all new games and titles first release for ipad and then for iphone/ipod touch infact better price and money for the devs :(

7. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Geometry Wars. :(

8. txag2005

txag2005 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Honestly if it's that big a deal...go get an iPad...

I'm sure Geometry Wars is coming to the iPhone at some point, and we'll prob have Mirror's Edge, Warp Gate, Pocket Legends and any other "held" new release in the next couple weeks. Until then there are plenty of games and other consoles to play. The world is not ending....

9. Hmar9333

Hmar9333 Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Book Salesperson/Student
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm pissed off too. Yes. Because I don't have an iPad

But I can't actually buy one for maybe a month, because I live in Australia and Apple is retarded.

10. Random_Guy

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I don't have an iPad either, and I'm not planning on getting one. I don't mind having to wait a few extra weeks to get iPhone games, because my life does not revolve around iPhone games.

11. aros2k

aros2k Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2010
    It's a sad weekend to be sure, give me Pocket Legends now! lol

12. DavidHolliss

DavidHolliss Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2008
    London, UK
    The iPhone/Touch market is far too big for any iPad developers to ignore. End of.
    Unless the game/controls aren't possible on a 3.5" screen of course.

13. seyoon

seyoon Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    East Coast
    :D Completely agree. Resistance is futile! More iPad games will come soon. And I'm starting to enjoy all the iPad complaints and bickering in TA.

I need more popcorn.

14. jak56

jak56 Well-Known Member

+10000000000000

15. Spocket

Spocket Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2009
    No, just these forums =)

16. Mondae

Mondae Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Perv, why do you care?
    Pocket Legends was submitted at the same time. Apple just approved the iPad version first because of the iPad's release.

17. zamansimba

zamansimba Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Devs are going where the money is, look at the prices for ipad's "HD" games.

For Apple, well, lets just say they'll go all the way to push out as much titles on the ipad as possibly can.

18. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Are they really going where the money is? A big release on iPhone has an audience of millions. How many iPad owners can there be? ONE million?

It's a valid complaint even though the games will likely come to the iPhone series anyway.

19. eXistenT

eXistenT Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Germany
    the first games will appear first on ipad,and later on iphone

20. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    This is just temporary. Eventually the iPad market will shake out to be filled primarily with older skewing consumers who don't buy many games and are more interested in iPad as a "portable" e-book and multimedia device with the big "app" purchases being productivity and creative apps. If and when this happens, devs will ease up "exclusive" support for the platform and go back to focusing on iPhone/touch.

Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if, eventually, the iPad game market doesn't even have much in the way of upgraded iPhone/touch games in "HD"; most of the games in the future might just be iPhone/touch games played in windowed mode on iPad as that would be the "smart" business move due to what I feel will be the much smaller more niche market for iPad overall, and iPad gaming in particular.