Xbox One [With Poll on preferred console]

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, May 21, 2013.

?

Which console will you get?

1. Microsoft XBox 1

18.0%
  2. Sony PS4

50.7%
  3. Another console

3.3%
  4. No console

20.7%
  5. Haven't decided

7.3%
  1. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

A bit wrong, with Xbox it allows you to play them if you are not gold active.

2. laxking97

laxking97 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Utah
    #462 laxking97, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015
  3. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Interesting! I wasnt even aware of that

4. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Pretty close to getting myself an Xbox One, perhaps tomorrow if I don't talk myself out of it before then. So, after recommends, nothing cross console but games that are also on PC are fine.

Sunset Overdrive appears to be free with Games with Gold this month and have been after that for awhile. The Flame in the Flood looks good, anyone played it? Any other recommends?

5. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I was in the same boat as you last November, and I'm very happy I pulled the trigger on it. I just bought sunset overdrive this month (it was only $14 so I'm not upset about it going free with good) and it's great, very different from any other game on the market. If you like racing games both forza games are must-haves, halo 5 is fantastic but pretty multiplayer centric, rise of the tomb raider is a great action game but that will be on ps4 next fall. All in all there are many more great games I didn't list plus an awesome lineup of console exclusives coming this year.

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks one, bundle I was looking at includes TR (and Fallout 3/4 but have both), went into the shop and talked myself out of it but plan on going in tomorrow and just doing it, has a good lot of exclusives I'm interested in and was quite surprised by some of the titles I was unaware of. I guess if I get that bundle and Gold I have two decent titles to play with Sunset Overdrive and Tomb Raider.

How do you find visuals and frame rates? Everything looks pretty impressive in videos and thinking the negativity has largely been overhyped. Oh yeah, do you get 3 months Gold with your console or 1?

7. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    I've got a wii, wii U and PlayStation 3. Vastly prefer my PC.

8. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ok? I'm not sure that's relevant.

9. Tommet

Tommet Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    Refers back to the original poll.

10. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

#470 Anonomation, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
    (Deleted post)

11. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Ah, ok. Sorry. The thread has been dead so long I didn't think there would any responses regarding anything but the current conversation.

12. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Sounds like a good idea. The graphics are really just as good as the ps4's and the frame rate to me feels the same. I think you get one month of gold.

13. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Actually it's not incorrect. The free 360 games you redeem are yours for good whether you have Gold or not. The free Xbox One games you can play as long as you have a Gold membership. If you let Gold lapse you lose access to the games you got for free, however if you later get Gold again, you get access to the games again. So that works just like on PS4.

14. darkhorse

darkhorse Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    #474 darkhorse, Jun 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2016
    Guess I'll be getting a Xbox Project Scorpio next year. Time to start saving up.

(never owned an Xbox console but Scorpio looks like a really good first)

15. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Yeah, as long as you have a 4K tv it should be pretty cool (Phil spencer confirmed it wouldn't benefit you at all if you didn't, that's why they bothered making the Xbox One S).

16. Gamer1st

Gamer1st Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2013
    None. But I dream about being able to work again.
    USA
    Bad poll.
    There's no listing for both.

17. one.sixty.four

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Yeah, I would have voted for that as well.

18. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Been playing Rise of the Tomb Raider. It's interesting, I had felt the reboot gave the Uncharted series to that point a good run for its money, and in a lot of ways I felt it did a lot of things better. With this and Uncharted 4 I don't really feel the same way. It's good but the quality consistency isn't there, it has some pretty breathtaking moments but then it has some fairly average or below average ones too.

Don't get me wrong I do like it, but it isn't having quite the same impact.