Put up an article on CNN ireport

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by mlfarrell, Aug 12, 2010.

1. mlfarrell

mlfarrell Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    #1 mlfarrell, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  2. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    good idea! Thanks for posting-

3. mlfarrell

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    #3 mlfarrell, Aug 13, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2010
    thanks. I figure with all these overblown success stories about millions of dollars being made, I should at least try to get a story known about the more typical side of things.

edit: dammit. I hate trackpads. I accidentally just reported your comment as a violation haha. I hope nothing bad comes of that. they'll probably realize it was an accident, it's a good comment. (facepalm)

4. headcaseGames

headcaseGames Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Mobile Game Developer
    Hollywood, CA
    a knock at my front door, the Thought Police have showed up :O

5. mlfarrell

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    Glad your comment survived :). Other people please chime in. I'm curious what the gamers on here and other devs have to say about the whole situation.

6. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

Good article and I couldn't agree more. It seems like there is a lot of luck involved in grabbing any sort of traction on the app store. Not to mention the nonsensical success stories :cool:

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm keen to know where the "talk about the video game industry moving away from big production titles to mobile platforms" is coming from. As far as I can see, console gaming is the biggest it's ever been and still growing, and most big league development teams seem hesitant about joining the mobile market due to... well, the stuff you wrote in the article really. The few times they have made an attempt were either crappy ports or simplified spinoffs, presumably just to test the waters, and never using the original team either.

8. mlfarrell

Feb 26, 2010
    san diego, ca