Apple review team make something wrong

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Evgeny_Deluxeware, Apr 14, 2011.

1. Hello,

i'm Evgeny Tormozov - CEO DeluxeWare
    We very old mobile software developers.
    I want share one problem what happen and we cant still solve that.
    That problem create Apple.

We have app MegaWeather HD
    In monday we make update, and in tuesday Apple approve app for sale.
    We was wondered, what is was very fast.

But later ....

We have much reports from customers who install MegaWeather HD application directly from device used AppStore application.
    Applications just show launch image and return to Home screen. It is like a crash, app, we disappointed, because all was tested many times...

After we find what it works good if they install application from iTunes on Mac/PC.
    What Happen?

Some strange thing we notice at "Status History" in iTunes connect what:
    April 11, 2011 14:25 Apple Pending Developer Release
    April 11, 2011 14:25 Apple In Review

Seems the MegaWeather HD comes to appStore incorrect.

We ask Apple Developer support - Can you explain how it possible?

They silent. We was send few email's and different emails.
    But for today have nothing.

Our support email if full and every 10 minutes we have email from customers what our app doesn't work.
    And Apple doesn't want make something for help us.

We get many bad reviews with 1 star with that trouble.
    We lost our reputation - customers send email when request return money...

We show that message in russian blog - www.macradar.ru
    Google translate link
    http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fmacradar.ru%2Fnews%2Fapple-app-store-mistake%2F

How we can touch Apple for solve our problem?
    Somebody have direct email or contact with review team?

We see only way - make new update without change in app again...

2. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

The best thing is to make a new update, as soon as possible!don't wait for apple to do something, cuz they wont!

3. MrLeQuack

Seems you right, uploaded update.
    I want believe what Apple don't reject new version because that doesn't have changes.

4. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

I don't think they will reject it!if they do you should tell them why you uploaded again, and sort things out!Best of luck!

5. jogo

jogo Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    If you give us a promocode, we could try the add and send you directly the crash report, perhaps that could help.

6. Astraware

Astraware Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    Hi Evgeny

There's no way of contacting the actual review team directly. If you have an Apple account manager, you can ask them, but they often don't get any reply. As others have said, better to move your version number on 1 point and upload a new version.

Hope that fixes it for you!

7. Sinecure Industries

Sinecure Industries Well-Known Member

If you message them and let them know it's an emergency they may rush the review process for you as well

8. I Have answer ( i was used "topsecret" connect email=) not Developer support of Apple )

But we upload new version and i think what reject now app is not good idea.

Astraware ( i dont know who is here =) but Hello !)
    we not have account manager. Never see and hear about that.

Sinecure Industries
    Yes. I do it.

have answer

But still have question.
    Who have that trouble before ?

Our app now have 1 star rating... and down in tops...
    How i'm understand Apple never remove bad review?
    In that moment problem from Apple side...

9. Astraware

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    Hi Evgeny

It's Alison here!

Reviews for your new version will appear when it goes live - only "Current Version" reviews appear first on iTunes and old ones go into the next "All Versions" tab, so won't be as visible.

If you want to help generate new review when you've fixed the app, why not give away some promo codes here or on Twitter. :)

10. Not sure if this is your crash issue, but there is a major bug with the LLVM 2.0 compiler when optimizations are turned on.

You can switch to llvm-gcc as a temporary fix.

There was a post on the Apple dev forums about it (sorry, couldn't find the link).

11. #11 Evgeny_Deluxeware, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2011
    Apple approve update, now all our 4 app doesnt run if installed use AppStore app from device.

We shocked....

I want remove all our app from sale.

And cant understand what we make wrong....

MindJuice
    Thanks! i find topic - but that problem In Review.
    We have problem with approved applications.

And we doesn't use that.

12. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    Since we're complaining, I've had an app in review since February 27. *Rabble rabble rabble*

13. starjimstar
    Use "Contact Us" form.
    We was like you trouble too. 3 month in Review was our app.

14. Marc Vaughan

Marc Vaughan Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Are you running debug locally on an older device and finding the app unstable on the same device from the AppStore?

If so then you've probably accidentally built using the instruction set for the newer devices only - its easily done and is a right pain to spot when it when it happens.

(you can verify if its this by trying to run it on newer devices, if its stable on those then try building a 'release' version in Xcode and run it on the older device, if that then crashes its likely using invalid op-codes for that generation of device - you can verify this by connecting it to Xcode when running it)

15. Apple reloaded binary and all fine now.

Somebody want help us? We lost our rating and Apple doesn't want remove 1 stars review's. But Apple mistake create that.

We need good review's for our app, i have free promocodes for MegaWeather HD.

16. Astraware

Jan 22, 2010
    Games Studio
    UK
    Evgeny, why not do a retweet contest on your Twitter. Do a tweet to say that the update is out (for example "Great new update to MegaWeather HD out now. Check it out on the iOS App Store [link]! Please RT! #megaweatherHD" and tell your followers that you will give promo codes at random to people who RT you. When you DM the winners the code, ask them to leave you a review! :)