Earn to Die - Coming soon to the App Store!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by notdoppler, Sep 5, 2012.

1. notdoppler

notdoppler Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2012
    #1 notdoppler, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
    Hey Touch Arcade,

We are pleased to announce that the smash hit online Flash game Earn to Die - which has been played over 150 million times - is coming soon to the App Store, bigger and better than ever before!

For those who haven't played the original, Earn to Die combines the best of the Action, Driving and Upgrade genres.

The game starts with the player stranded in a desert overrun by zombies. With only a run-down car and a small amount of cash at your disposal, your mission soon becomes clear -- to drive through hordes of zombies in order to escape... alive!

And it doesn't stop there. As you progress through the game you'll be able to unlock more vehicles, all of which are customisable with a range of upgrades. Build the ultimate vehicle and prepare to smash your way through to safety.

KEY FEATURES:
    - A brand new and extended STORY MODE, which sees you driving cross-country during a zombie apocalypse
    - 8 VEHICLES, all of which are CUSTOMISABLE with a range of UPGRADES
    - New zombies, bigger and badder than ever before
    - A realistic ragdoll physics engine that allows you to crash into zombies and send them flying!
    - Challenge your friends for the best time in Championship mode with Game Center support
    - Improved graphics and full HD retina support for the new iPad
    - Oh, and did we mention you get to drive through zombies?

The iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad version is a major improvement on the Flash version, and contains new levels, new vehicles and new game modes, and is coming very soon this Thursday September 20 to the App Store.

If anyone has any questions about the game please feel free to ask and I'll try my best to answer :)

I have included a link to the trailer below (with game-play starting from the 25 second mark):

Thank you,
    - John

2. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    Interested!

3. hdjackie

hdjackie New Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Wow, look at those zombies! I bet they could beat the 100M record!

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow! Looks fantastic! I love it when simple games like these incorporate somestory animation to give the game some character.

5. Hans Kisaragi

Hans Kisaragi Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2012
  6. justln

justln Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Singapore
    Is the game free with in-app purchases or is it a paid app?
    Is there an ending?
    When will it be coming out?

7. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

hdjackie: Yes, those zombies can run quite fast :p

The game will be a paid App with no in-app purchases. $0.99 for the iPhone/iPod Touch version, or $2.99 for the iPad HD version.

There is also a set ending in the Story Mode, although the Free Ride mode will allow you to easily re-play any level, and the Championship Mode will see players racing through each level on a limited budget (for upgrading their vehicle) for the fastest times.

I'll have some preview screenshots posted on the thread soon also :)

8. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Championship mode made me interested. Also great it will be paid app.

Describe "coming soon", please. I don't want any date but for example "1 month of work + Apple approval"

9. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Same here, would love more info when it is 'coming soon' whether that its already been submitted or its 'next month'

I'm loving these side view racer games, love the trailer, something different from other zombie games i've seen. Instant purchase for me

10. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Glad to hear you liked the sound of Championship Mode :)! I just thought I'd quickly clarify in case my initial wording got misunderstood, the Championship mode isn't multiplayer enabled (so you won't be racing other cars at the same time that you play). It is integrated with Game Center however so you will be able to submit your scores and compare with other players.

The game is completed and has been submitted to Apple for review. At the moment we are aiming for a release towards the end of next week (Thursday Sept 20) if the App is successfully approved by then; although this date is not final and may change. We'll try our best to keep everyone updated as soon as the release date is officially announced.

Thanks for the kind words and I am glad to hear that you liked the trailer :). I've posted some information about the release towards the top of this post.

11. CrunchyGamer

CrunchyGamer Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2011
    Loved the flash version, is an insta-buy for me.
    A couple of months ago I thought "This game would be a success if ported to iOS", and here we are xD

Congratulations! and thanks for this great game, of course.

12. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Thanks CrunchyGamer for the kind words :)

I thought I'd take this opportunity to post some preview images from the iPhone/iPod Touch version of the game :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. notdoppler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hey everyone, sorry to bump this thread - I just wanted to let everyone know that the release date of the game has now been announced as this Thursday September 20 :)