Song Summoner Vote.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Sukal, Dec 11, 2009.

?

Is Song Summoner worth it?

1. Yes

47.4%
  2. No

52.6%
  1. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    I really would appreciate a opinion. After waiting quite a while for Song Summoners release, however the steep price is bit of a deterrence. So those of you who tried the lite and bought the full, did the lite encapsulate the game fully and you loved it, or did the actual full game disappoint?

2. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    It's not Final Fantasy, but this is about as good as we're gonna get from Square Enix. It's an excellent TBS. I got it along with Wesnoth and Rogue Planet, and I definitely like creating the troops from your own songs. Of course, some people find it repetitive and boring to do so, but I really enjoy the part when you try to get the "best" troop and then use it in battle. You can also level up your tune troopers, so it adds in RPG elements. I really like the storyline, and from what I can tell, it's probably going to take 20+ hours to finish the game. So I think its very well worth it.

3. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    +1 to that. I love that i keep my music on shuffle daily and when i go back into the game...it upgrades my troops from my music count. Very unique title and very fun. Worth every penny.

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    I played this on the iPod and I loved it, so I also bought it for the iPhone. I have to say that this is one of the better TBS game for the iPhone.

5. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Ty for replying

Love to hear from those who said no as well. It is quite alright, and giving personal criticisms will help me as well.

6. Faeryan

Faeryan Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Finland
    For that price.. maybe not quite worth it. It all depends how much you have to spend.
    For me I'd say it's worth it but I guess I'm a bit above average with my spending habits. :p

Anyways, I like the game and agree with what's been said. Only thing to add is that I hate the thing where your tune troopers deteriorate over time. I think it was 6 fights at max and then they're gone.
    Fortunately this can be fixed by buying those refreshers for 500 Gil each to give extra fights for them. Still, I don't think it's fun at all that you have to spend all your money (not that I'd have any other use for it :)) on them.

7. EB1089

EB1089 Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Student
    Well, I tried the lite version and I really liked it and do plan on purchasing it (after I take advantage of a few more app sales going on right now). I feel as if Square Enix tries to bring a rather conservative attitude toward the App Store like it's the console gaming industry and they bomb every time IMO. The only other Square Enix app that I think is "worth" paying the money for is Crystal Defenders. Song Summoner is really unique, has great artwork, GBA-level sprites, and the usage of your own music in the gameplay is really cool.