Universal Shufflepuck Cantina (+ GOLD) by Agharta Studio

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Sep 12, 2012.

1. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #101 sicksilvo, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
    Good game, hard to play it on iPhone

2. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    This.

3. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
  4. Janni

Janni Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2012
    great style and perfectly polished...

...but also frustatingly hard and repetitive (would probably take me forever to unlock the game completely)

sorry, but i don't have time for so much grinding (and there are many great games coming out/waiting)... shame, but not my game

5. aghartastudio

aghartastudio Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Game designer/ director
    Lyon, France
    1112 ep 01 and 02 on sale !

hope you still love shufflepuck ! I wonder if anyone manage to have special strikes yet ?

6. Eoghann

Eoghann Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    IT Guy/Graphic Designer/Gamer
    New York
    This game has impressive visuals and interesting story. I'm really digging it! If only I could win! xD

Sure has a steep learning curve on the iPhone. :(

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Just bought all biography items of M4RVIN and finished his quest, cool to have some kind of quests, but there is no end to the grinding. But so far, grinding is fun :)

8. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    I've bought all biography's on the first floor, and completed the 3 quests. I purchased M4RV1NS puck and mallet, and have obtained his special skill ;)

No sale for 1112 Episode 3 :p

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Awesome game! Frickin love this :)

10. Andy C83

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Ditto :)

11. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Having a special skill make the game sooooo much more fun... Too bad it takes two hours to grind there. :/

12. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Am I the only one getting a Episode 1: Racer vibe?
    It's almost like leaving the dream! :)

Love it!

13. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    If anyone needs a quick way to amass some Credz, I've found that the payouts for getting a high score in survival mode are substantially bigger than gold medalling in duels or winning bets (which you have to do perfectly in order to make it worthwhile).

This is especially true on the second floor, where all you need is 3 points to get around 100 Credz. I imagine the rewards only get better the higher up you go in the floors.

14. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    But you can get perfects more than half the time in betting mode, it's a more effective Credz-earning strategy to just do betting mode.

15. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    #115 amn624, Sep 16, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
    Agharta - it's a little too brainless for those of us who are mallet challenged. If it can't adapt for players lack of abilities, there should be some control over difficulty. Buying Marvins biographies has done nothing and my enjoyment is sinking like a stone. Nice graphics, though.

But wouldn't you rather have my money?

16. MrGreed

MrGreed Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2012
    I agree this game is very difficult and even with the Credz doubler I purchased its still a very long grind to get my Credz up so I can purchase mallets and abilities.

Adjust the difficulty please! :D

17. ikemike

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    I think the game is designed for those who like mallet games. If you don't like mallet games, there are plenty of other great genres out there for you~

18. Jazzpha

Jazzpha Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    The easiest opponent on the first floor is Furry; I recommend practicing on him. As far as puck speed goes, Marvin is the hardest.

I think the steep difficulty curve starting out is what's putting some people off, but it's definitely possible to get the hang of the game with enough practice. Yeah, there're times when it can be teeth-gnashingly frustrating at the beginning, but that just makes it all the more satisfying when you get the hang of it and start thrashing the opponents who were making you miserable.

Personally, I prefer a game that challenges you and pushes you to improve your skills over one that makes things too easy. I don't look at matches I play as grinding for credits, I look at them as a way to get better at the game. And the better you get, the easier it becomes to rack up funds in shorter and shorter amounts of time.

19. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I can beat Furry almost every time, but I don't even come close on any of the other characters. Their specials get me almost every time.

I am working on grinding out 10,000 Credz. What are the best upgrades to buy that might give me a shot against the harder characters?

20. amn624

amn624 Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2008
    publisher
    Nassau County, NY
    I hear you.

Trouble is, the grind is just not worth it. There's so much else that is so good, why do I need to spend HOURS to get up to speed on this? Answer: I don't.

No problem. Have fun with it.