Gamebook Adventures 2: The Siege of the Necromancer - Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheTinMan, Feb 11, 2010.

1. TheTinMan

TheTinMan Well-Known Member

#1 TheTinMan, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
    [​IMG]

2. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    I havent even finished the first book yet. lol

3. STP_Tim

STP_Tim Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2009
    Is this a sequel or a new storyline?

4. TheTinMan

Hi Tim. It's a new storyline set in a different part of Orlandes and slightly after the events that take place in Assassin.

5. ChocoboLee

ChocoboLee Member

Aug 3, 2009
    So when is this coming out? I can't wait!

6. TheTinMan

We're currently looking at a March release. Still lots to do before then though so expect late March at the earliest.

7. KGameLover1

KGameLover1 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2009
    Student
    Ohio
    Awesome. Loved the first one. Even though I still haven't found the ultimate ending.

8. looking forward to play this oone :)

9. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Instabuy for me. First one was top notch.

10. TheTinMan

#10 TheTinMan, Apr 14, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
    Entering beta in the next week...

Just wanted to let our followers know that Gamebook Adventures 2 will be entering beta by the end of next week!

You may have noticed that we've gone beyond our intended release date of March. This has been for a number of reasons, most notably because we wanted to make the gamebook as good as possible, but also because the Tin Wife gave birth to the beautiful Tin Baby a few weeks ago, and if anyone reading is (or has been) a new father you'll completely understand how time gets swallowed up by a new life-form! :)

I'll keep this thread up-to-date on how things are progressing, and look out for some more exciting Gamebook Adventures news which we'll be announcing in the coming months!

Thanks!

The Tin Man

11. TheSporkWithin

TheSporkWithin Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    College student, studying English/Japanese lit.
    Really looking forward to this. You know I'm available if you have any room for another beta tester! :D

12. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Go TinMan! Medianotzu and me are eagerly waiting for this!

Say, for how many books do you have concepts?
    And will there be a dungeon crawler, too?

13. mikeg123

mikeg123 Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Congratulations! I completely understand, our little guy just turned 1!

And after recently finishing the first book, I am really looking forward to the second. That will be an instabuy as soon as it is released.

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    You betcha. This will be an insta-buy for me. :)

I am wondering if the same writer and illustrator are being used for this and other future projects? To me, the UI and presentation of the first was functional and gorgeous, but the writing was what really made the big difference for me.

And congrats to The Tin Man on the new baby!

15. thevagrant

thevagrant Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Hey Tin Man,

glad to hear that we are getting close to the release. Take your time with the beta testing, it's better to wait than having dead links!

Congratulations for the Mini Tin. My baby was born three weeks ago, so I know what it means for everything else in the world...

Like everyone said, instant purchase for me.

Just a question : will the main menu be vertical ? Please?

16. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    That would be nice imo too. :)

17. TheTinMan

We have a brand new main menu for Necromancer and it is indeed vertical! We have actually standardised everything to be vertical in the game apart from the intro. Future books will likely have intros vertical as well (we had already produced Necro's intro as landscape so couldn't change it for this build).

18. TheTinMan

Without revealing too much at this time, I can say that if you enjoy our gamebooks then you'll be likely seeing a whole lot more this year, some of which are well underway.

We're also looking to release a special "lite" gamebook which accompanies Necromancer and gives the story an extra spin. Damn I've said too much already.... ;)

Necromancer has dungeon crawler elements to it. We're still looking to give a strong narrative though with that experience so expect more than just a hack and slash, room to room experience.

19. medianotzu

Nov 21, 2009
    Wow, I like what I'm hearing/reading!

So no comment on the author's identity though, huh? I understand if you don't want to reveal it, if it's some part of marketing or some such thing.

20. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Congrats!

Our little one has been swallowing copius amounts of our time for a little over a year now! :)