Seed, new RPG by Chillingo

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Forerunnerz, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forerunnerz

Forerunnerz Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Source

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    ummm... not too sure about their RPGs. Inotia and DH are both just so-so. They stand out because there's not many RPG in the AppStore right now, but if you compare them to Zelda, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest and all those high caliber RPGs, they're really bad.

Hopefully this would be better than their previous attempts.

3. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    If anything the graphics look much better than the other RPGs.

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    It's dfrom the same dev as dungeon and hero. When I tried looking for info on the game, it appeared well liked over seas.

5. RawrReptar

RawrReptar Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    i think this looks pretty good. Might be an auto buy for me as i am missing an rpg. Depends on price

6. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    I want to know if this is simply polishing up the old mobile game or are they redoing the graphics and animation? Cause the old mobile game looks terrible. Plus I was hoping this game would look and animate better than Zenonia (which is an old game running on weak ass phones back in the day).

7. Spiral75

Spiral75 Well-Known Member

This one actually looks pretty good. As other people have posted.....there really are not many good RPG's in the app store (I have bought almost all of them) so this would be welcomed. I am still dying for something along the original final fantasy series. We will see!

8. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    sounds pretty good, but i think that zenonia is more visually appealing

9. spiffyone

spiffyone Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    FYI, Legend of Zelda is not an RPG game. It's action/adventure.

Just wanna point that out. ;)

10. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    Same, but then again, I don't think it's from Chillingo. They have bad reputation with RPG's. Let's just wait and see if this is better then their previous RPG's(Dungeon and Hero & Chronicles of Inotia).

11. Varkman

Varkman Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Chronicles Of Inotia was nothing to do with Chillingo, I believe that was Com2Us :)

I too am more excited about Zenonia though, will be hard to make a fair opinion until we see video of SEED.

12. Mattman

Mattman Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Sounds really cool plus I believe the Quest (IMO the best rpg on the iphone) was developed or produced by Chillingo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

13. Forerunnerz

Feb 14, 2009
    True. I'm not a fan of The Quest(I hate it), but about 80% of the people on these forums are in love with the game. Probably their first RPG that is a favorite by hundreds or thosands of people.

14. Zarile3

Zarile3 Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I played this on my old Sony Ericsson. It's pretty much a grinding game, like Inotia, just not as much is required. As far as I remember though, it's a pretty short game for an RPG, maybe 10 hours at the most. I did enjoy it while I played it though, so that's a plus.

15. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    They are just the publisher.

16. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I'll wait 4 zenonoia

17. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I love RPGs. Sadly, people haven't found how to control the characters. If only devs would come up with a better control scheme...

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Swipe anywhere a la Mouse About or virtual analogue stick a la HoS would work well.

What they haven't found is how to make FF-like quality RPGs :p

Anyway, Zenonia certainly looks more promising than this. At least Zenonia looks like a real RPG.

19. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    I'm all for any type of action/adventure or RPG game. It does look interesting.

20. arta

arta Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    Hopefully they've been keeping an eye in Zenonia and upgrading the visuals and animation of SEED accordingly.