Universal Phoenix HD - A Modern Arcade Shmup (by Firi Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Aug 11, 2011.

1. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Cant' wait! Thanks Firi for keeping the game fresh, will buy he new ship as soon as the update hits!

2. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    The shogun ship looks the best yet. I cannot wait for this update...maybe an icon change with the shogun silhouette?

3. Selachii

Selachii Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Thanks! We're keeping the current logo though :)
    The shogun went through more design changes than any of the other 3 ships, but in the end turned out great in my opinion.

The patch for Phoenix SD is taking shape and will be submitted soon, we added a couple of minor graphical improvements where possible and the Shogun slash also looks relative good. Phoenix HD is still the place to go though!

We're still waiting for Apple with regards to Phoenix HD 1.1.0, but they should be done soon (i hope!).

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    New ship not possible due to lack of ideas? What a shame... I want more ships with this game!

Anyways, I just found this awesome looking ship:
    [​IMG]

Just thinking, could that gap in the center of the craft be used for some kind of slow shooting projectile cannon or a whipping laser?

5. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Man I can't wait to get my graze on.

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Thanks for the scoring info Selachii, can't wait for the new update :D

7. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Haha, that sounds a bit like we are twiddling our thumbs and don't know what to do with ourselves! There are plenty ideas, but they need to be strong, basic and fit within the Phoenix gameplay. We're also keeping some ideas for future projects :>

Word on the patch:
    There was something wrong with the backward compatibility to 4.x, this was fixed and the patch is currently in review. Hopefully they finish this quickly so we can run our final round of tests and release it to the public. It's safe to say that it will arrive this week! *knocks on wood*.

The SD patch has also been submitted but is still waiting for review, so will arrive at a later time.

8. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
  9. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Phoenix HD 1.1 and Phoenix 1.3 are rolling out worldwide as we speak. This update marks a year of continued content updates for Phoenix! (hurray!)

Have fun!

10. Tesep

Tesep Member

Nov 11, 2011
    #310 Tesep, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks mate, downloading it now

New ship is very good though I'm not used to it yet, I didn't realise that it didn't shoot (only up close) but the blades are very strong.

I suggest players put the hit circle on so it shows the grazing circle until you get used to it.

Excellent update so far Selachii

11. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    Thanks, it takes a short time getting used to, some will be faster than others. I see you already beat your High Score Tesep :)

12. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Urgh...still getting the "invalid returned data" message when trying to view friends' scores. :(

How about just re-enabling Game Center so we can compete with our friends' scores? That was really the driving purpose behind the game for me since I can't compete with the top scores in the world or my state or anything, and I already have the #1 score in my city.

13. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    This is very strange, I just tried it on my personal device and it works for both HD and SD. However, we just noticed that on another iOS device, the new achievements haven't appeared yet, so maybe the issue is temporarily with GC? Other than that I can give you the whole standard "re-install/re-enable/re-start" advice, but maybe try again a bit later first.

If anyone else has this issue after the patch, please let us know!

14. medianotzu

medianotzu Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Well, tried the re-install/etc. stuff but no luck. Maybe later it'll work. I hope so! Pretty bummed out that the patch so far didn't fix the issue for me. Of course I know that if it's a widespread problem you guys will be more bummed out...

15. geremy

geremy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    WOOOO finally. New select ship menu looks great. I have only played a couple of times but I really like the Shogun...

16. Tesep

Tesep Member

Nov 11, 2011
    I have noticed that when using the Phoenix ship, when powered up and lots of bullets on the screen the frame rate drops now. Only happens with the Phoenix ship though, all the others are fine.

Strange as the Phoenix ship never slowed down before the update.

I am using iPhone 4S

17. alterna20

alterna20 Member

Dec 8, 2009
    help, i changed my iphone 4 to iphone 4S, then i synced my iphone 4S to my itunes to get all my apps back and when i tried to play phoenix, i lost all my in-app purchases, my online leaderboard and my corsair, how do i get them back without paying them again ?

18. Selachii

Patreon Silver

Nov 13, 2009
    Game Designer
    Netherlands
    #318 Selachii, Nov 24, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
    @alterna20; You do not have to pay again. When you chose to 'purchase' any of the in-app purchases make sure you enter the itunes account you used to buy the leaderboard access and ships on your previous phone. You will not be charged.

@Tesep; that's curious. The Phoenix is one of the heaviest ships due to its amount of projectiles and particles, but no changes were made on the ship itself. Maybe because the powerparticles now spawn more particles effects, we will run some extra performance tests to investigate.

19. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    updated, bought, FREAKIN LOVE THE NEW SHIP!!! Thank you so so so so much for your hard work Selachii!! =oD

20. weehomer

weehomer Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2010
    North of Ohio
    Yeah, thanks for the update, love the grazing aspect, but I do miss the constant firing, seems a little....slow at times without it.