King Cashing 1.1

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by multimage, Oct 27, 2011.

1. multimage

multimage Well-Known Member

#1 multimage, Oct 27, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
    Work is going very well for the update. Coding should be done by friday and testing will be this weekend. So we plan on submitting the update to Apple as soon as next week if everything goes well.

In the meantime here's a screenshot featuring some new stuff:
    [​IMG]

The first update will have the following features:
    - Universal
    - 3 rag doll levels. In these levels you try to do as much damage as you can to the enemy. It will not die but you will get awards based on how much damage you did.
    - New leaderboard for the highest damage done on the toughest rag doll level
    - New achievement for reaching the top of the ladder on all 3 rag doll levels
    - Higher level cap: Now up to level 25
    - Party members can now reach level 6
    - Cherries can now get up to 48
    - Unique, hard to get weapons. Get them by beating enemies in very specific ways on specific levels

I can't wait to release the update. We are having a lot of fun with it here and I hope you'll have as much fun too!

To admins: Are we allowed to post a thread for a game update? I couldn't find anything in the forum rules about that. Hope I didn't break any rules...

2. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Can't wait, one of my favorite games.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    The new update looks like it's going to be very nice, is this first update going to include universal support or is that something you are still working on?

4. multimage

Universal is done and will be included in the first update!

5. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Oh, you make me so happy. :D Now get that update done! :p

6. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    so how about telling us what's in 1.1

7. multimage

Right. Totally forgot to list the features haha. I updated the first post with the feature list!

8. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    You need to double that level cap for those of us who never stop playing the game. ;)

9. multimage

Well, xp requirements for the new levels are quite high. Reaching level 25 should take a long long time. But we'll see. If people reach it too soon, another update will raise it even more!

10. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    I'm not worried about hitting it too soon, I'm just thinking in the long term. When I'm still playing this game a year from now is what I'm thinking about. :D

11. multimage

Haha OK I get it now. But the problem with higher cap right now is that we could be painting ourselves in a corner. So we'll wait and see. But hey, there will be another update after the first one, so there's always hope for you! :)

By the way, I managed to get the unique weapons art sooner than I thought so they'll now be in the first update for sure. (There was a small chance that only 3 of them could make it.) Here's one of them:

[​IMG]

Now for a unique name, I was thinking "Ojtitus' Scythe" ;)

12. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Yeah, I understand about the level cap, just keep it in mind for your last planned update. :p If you did decide to name it that, that would be awesome. :D Thank You for listening.

13. TaiyrTress

TaiyrTress Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Gaming? Or something cool. :)
    Unicorn fun park.
    I didn't want to get too far into this game because I saw they were adding universal support, so yey, I can't wait. :)

14. DahakaJR

DahakaJR Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2010
    I drive trains, Locomotive Engineer.
    Pacific Northwest.
    So, what was the inspiration for a crit hit with the Mage? That sound cracks me up every time.

15. multimage

Well we were all recording ourselves for temporary sounds before looking for more official ones, just to be sure of what we didn't want.

One of the team member did the mage sounds and instead of going with the usual holy mage thing went with an evil mage, especially since the mage reveals its undead face at level 5. So the normal version sounded good but when he did the critical version, we all laughed so hard, it was just amazing! I wanted to try it in the game. I wanted the sounds to test in the weekend.

Meanwhile, I did the archer and it sounded so bad that I almost played with no SFX for the entire weekend. I say almost because the one for the mage was so awesome that I just couldn't mute it. I then knew that this sound would stay like that. And that sound still cracks me up today to!

On another note, I'll post some of the new weapons soon, probably tomorrow. Some of you may have been contacted to share your name with the weapon. More on that later!

Also, testing went well this weekend but I need to balance some things out before sending to Apple. The unique weapons are a little too easy to get for what they bring. I will nerf them down a little and also make them harder to get.

16. multimage

Okay! The weekend tests are all done and I've heard all the reports and we still need to do a little balancing before sending to Apple. It's not that much though so it should go fast. I'm still aiming to send it to Apple this week, probably before thursday.

But anyway, comments have been very positive and people all like the new levels. Some like to play them as soon as possible, others wait for end game gear, and others simply cannot stop playing the new levels and they stop progressing in the main game haha!

In the meantime, here's some new weapons:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Also, there is now a contest going on to find a name for the axe. Check it out here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?p=1982261

17. apester

apester Active Member

Dec 8, 2010
    IT Consultant
    Well darn, after reading about the weapon naming thing, I guess I should have posted and put the game down once in a while...ah well at least I have my name on the leaderboards :)

Anyway, please keep the mage sound it cracks me up, also what is the chance of maybe random "maps" in the future?

Love the game even though its starting to irritate my wife (I've been playing it before going to sleep lately). Can't wait for the update, I think I have spent more time playing this one than any other game I have so far.

18. multimage

Glad to hear you like the game this much! Random maps? Hadn't thought about it before. I'll add it to the "to consider in a future update" list. Man, that file is getting really big now haha!

On another note, here's a screenshot with some of the new weapons in the equip screen, including the contest winner:
    [​IMG]

I'll keep posting on the progress! I still hope to send to Apple tomorrow!

19. ojtitus

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Looking good! I can't wait for this update, all the new content PLUS universal! Thank You multimage! :)

20. multimage

The update is awaiting review at Apple! I'm guessing the update should be out next week if nothing goes wrong. I can't wait to hear comments of people trying out the update! Thanks to everyone that got the game so far!

By the way, here are the official names for the 9 unique weapons:
    BazookaTime's Spear
    DahakaJR's Sword
    KrautBoy's Axe
    Eric's Knives
    Misguided's Bow
    Headcase's Crossbow
    SkyMuffin's Book of Muffin
    Troy's Staff
    ojtitus' Scythe

Here's the official update info:
    This first update aims to add more stuff to do after beating the castle but also gives more stuff to do to those starting a new game. It's for everyone! Here's some of the features in this update:

★ Universal support ★
    Yep! The game now runs natively on the iPad!

★ Added 9 unique weapons ★
    Some enemies are now master of a weapon. Beat them with their own mastery to get the unique weapon they are carrying!

★ Added 3 new sidequest levels ★
    These new levels are called the Rag Doll Levels and they feature a whole new way to earn rewards! Instead of getting the enemy to 0 HP, try to make as much damage as possible with your given amount of cherries. The higher the damage, the better the rewards! Who knows, they might also drop a unique weapon!

★ 1 new leaderboard ★
    The third Rag Doll has its own leaderboard. Let's see who can do the most damage to that doll!

★ 2 new achievements ★
    Get an achievement for having all 9 unique weapons in your possession. Also earn an achievement for reaching the top ladder of each Rag Doll Levels!

★ Increased the level cap to 25 ★
    With this new cap, you can now get your cherries up to 48 and each party member can now reach level 6! Use this to do even more damage in the Rag Doll Levels!

★ Miscellaneous tweaks and fixes ★
    - iOS 5 tested
    - Fixed a rare crash when pausing the game right before receiving an alert
    - Better balancing of end game bosses
    - Nerfed down the XP bonus values a little
    - Dusty and worn items now show a little darker than their better counterparts
    - The "Payout" button is now available even when the reels are spinning
    - The leaderboard buttons on the home screen are now regrouped into a window and they are now labeled
    - Some shading was added to the end of battle labels
    - French version is done, paving the way for more languages in the future
    - Game size decreased to less than 20 MB
    - Loading screen changed to show our company logo
    - "Bet max" button label changed to "Spin"
    - Buying weapons in the shop now doesn't remove the weapon from the list
    - Fixed the GP box to fit amounts larger than 19,999,999 GP
    - Better detection of Game Center connectivity