Geodefense after Swarm??

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ajeffreys, Dec 19, 2009.

1. ajeffreys

ajeffreys New Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Houston, Texas
    Ok, so I have GD Swarm, and love it, despite still being stuck on medium levels (I refuse to check the online strategies as I am too stubborn). Anyway, is it still worth buying geodefense, If I already have swarm, or is it more or less the same game?? Thanks for any help/advice :)

2. spacecowgoesmoo

spacecowgoesmoo Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Composer / Level Designer @ Bovinedragon Software
    Los Angeles, USA
    It's the same kinda game except on a set path, but is still very much worth buying for the ~30-something more levels. I'd say its a great buy if you liked Swarm at all :)

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Plenty of people around here prefer the first game to Swarm. It's a slightly different genre, not just a mere sequel so yes... there's good reason to own both.

4. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    I am one of those people.
    The original geoDefense is superb.

5. The_Running_Man

The_Running_Man Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    The gods command you to buy geoDefense especially if you only have swarm. They are two of the finest Tower Defense games I have ever played. I still haven't beaten either one.

6. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    different genre? they're both tower defense games. although I guess I think I know what you mean.

7. doublezz

doublezz Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Yeah...you can do geoDefence as well, but just not geoSpark since it is a totaly different one...

8. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Not different genres I guess, differently styles within the same genre? Or a sub-genre? Both games are excellent and you should own both.

9. carnivore

carnivore Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    germany
    yup.

tower defense is tower defense. open path/fixed path are mere variations.
    castle defense / tower defense would be different genres. ;)

and yes, get geo defense. to this point it still is one of the best tds on the platform.