Space Shootin!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by landhuman, Feb 9, 2012.

1. landhuman

landhuman Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Every now and then I look for a game on iOS that captures the feel of one of my all time favorite mac game franchises: Escape Velocity.

I've done a fair bit of trial and error but it always falls a long way for me. That's not to say that some of various games I've tried while searching have been bad - they just didn't scratch that particular EV itch.

So this is a post I've been meaning to write (somewhere...) for a really long time.

Are there any lesser known gems I may have missed?

Space Miner and GOF/GOF2 are both great in their own right, but I'm really looking for that enormous sandbox universe kind of thing with all the ship buying and customizations - and nice moments like finding that that one distant system with a great store for rare weapons, and most importantly - totally random epic space battles between rival factions with dozens of ships on all sides.

Maybe there's something currently in development?

Does anyone other than me even want this? :)

2. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Yeah, i like the idea of an EV-like game on iOS. I'm sure it'll come in time.

Meanwhile, why not try something like Warpgate HD? Sort of like a top-down privateer, with trading, factions, many ships to buy etc.

Alternatively, did you check out Galactic Phantasy?