Games for Long-haul Flights

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by k1ngofk1ngs, Aug 25, 2010.

1. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    Hey Guys

Probably a pointless topic but I am going on a long-haul flight next week and want to see what people recommend to pass the time. I have recently finished GTA-Chinatown Wars. I have 2x 12 hour flights. Then return in a months time the same journey.

Cheers in advance.

2. kaboom132

kaboom132 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Check out some of the gamebooks. They give a bunch of playtime and don't take up much battery. I only have Assasin in Orlandes and it's really fun.

3. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Seems this topic comes up every month or so.

If you're still waiting for Space Miner, that one will last a good chunk of the trip. ;)

Otherwise I'd recommend something like The Quest (+ expansions) Underworlds, Prisoner 84, Angry Birds, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassonne, RK's Samurai, Soosiz, Puzzle Quest, Necromancer Rising, Either Ragdoll Blaster, Physics Gamebox, Mini Squadron, Card Shark Collection, Bloons, Red Conquest... (not in any particular order ;))

4. KushyKush

KushyKush Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    If I were you I'd get an rpg like chaos rings or crimson gem saga along with battle for wesnoth. That eats up time like no other

5. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    C'mon no one has mentioned Phoenix Wright yet (let the bickering commence :D)

6. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    No bickering, it's just very short compared to a game like Wesnoth. (Most games are. :D)

7. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    some ones that have seasons: madden, NHL 2k11, fifa WC

stories: zombie infection, POP, Splinter cell

RPG: soccer/baseball superstars

others: sim city deluxe, avatar, THPS2

8. frendil

frendil Well-Known Member

Nov 23, 2009
    New Zealand!!
    recommending three gameloft games for length and story??

(well accept POP which is a port anyway (and dont say so is SC because it isnt really))

9. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    My recommendation is to get 1 or 2 battery recharge packs =)

10. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Some planes have outlets so if you have a travel kit you could charge your ipod on the plane using the outlet. Or what i have for traveling or some hardcore gaming sessions is the mophie air battery pack. The only bad thing is that is disable the speaker so no sound without headphones.

PS I flew from the east coast to Hawaii (before I had my ipod touch :( ) and the in-flight entertainment was actually pretty good, current movies music and some decent games.

11. k1ngofk1ngs

k1ngofk1ngs Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    New Zealand
    Cheers, thanks for the input guys.

12. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    civ rev always keeps me going :)